Immunovant is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with a company vision focused on enabling normal lives for patients with autoimmune diseases. Our lead asset, IMVT-1401, is a novel, fully-human, anti-FcRn monoclonal antibody in clinical development for multiple indications, delivered as a subcutaneous injection for the treatment of autoimmune diseases mediated by pathogenic IgG antibodies. Immunovant is committed to developing innovative therapies that not only treat the symptoms but modify the course of autoimmune diseases, while restoring hope and health to patients with autoimmune disease by developing and delivering high-value restorative therapies that enable them to live normal lives.
Immunovant is seeking a physician to lead clinical trials for one or more of their development programs in Autoimmune Diseases. The VP, Clinical Development will be the primary point person for medical oversight of clinical studies with responsibilities to include clinical trial design, feasibility assessment, protocol development, Sponsor medical monitoring, review and interpretation of clinical trial data, drafting key clinical documents such as protocol, CSR, briefing package, IND, NDA, BLA, etc. This role will be responsible for timely execution of deliverables in close collaboration with relevant internal and external partners.
The successful candidate is driven, curious, patient focused, collaborative, with a bold ambition to contribute to Immunovant’s mission to enable normal lives for people living with autoimmune diseases. Excellence in verbal and written communication, teamwork, and collaboration is a must.
- Provide clinical scientific leadership for the clinical study team.
- Provide medical leadership for cross-functional internal workstreams including pharmacovigilance, biostatistics, clinical operations, regulatory affairs, etc.
- Provide medical safety oversight of CRO medical monitors.
- Collaborate with partners in the pharmacovigilance department in the analysis of clinical trial safety data.
- Collaborate closely with partners in Clinical Operations, and be accountable for clinical trial conduct and timelines for associated key deliverables.
- Lead the design and writing of clinical protocols and associated clinical documents.
- Lead the writing of clinical and safety sections of key Program documents including Investigational New Drug submissions, Investigator Brochures, Clinical Study Reports, Development Safety Update Reports, Biologics License Applications, and other regulatory submissions and responses.
- Be responsible for the preparation, analysis, and presentation of safety data to internal and external safety monitoring boards.
- Assume primary responsibility for presentations
related to clinical trial data and assist in the preparation of meeting
abstracts, posters, and presentations related to clinical trial data.
- Contribute to the writing of manuscripts and publications.
- Comply with Immunovant’s SOPs and adhere to ICH, GCP, and relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Provide medical leadership for internal audits and regulatory inspections.
- Assist in preparation of materials for Advisory Board meetings, IMVT BOD meetings, etc.
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with the broader Immunovant organization.
- Represent Immunovant externally to trial site Investigators, KOLs, other stakeholders.
- MD or non-US equivalent of MD degree with completion of residency in Internal Medicine or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience in early- to late-stage development in an academic or industry (CRO and/or Pharma) setting. Proven ability to:
- Plan and conduct clinical trials
- Deliver high-quality results within established timelines
- Demonstrated track record in in working effectively in cross-functional teams and work streams (pharmacovigilance, biostatistics, clinical operations, and regulatory affairs).
- Board certification in Internal Medicine/Allergy/Immunology/ is desirable
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- Attention to detail, internal drive to generate high-quality work, and sense of passion and urgency to achieve team and program goals.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and strategic planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with CROs, investigators, consultants, and team members across functions.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to meet the needs of varied audiences.
- Integrated understanding of FDA, EMA, ICH, and GCP guidelines. Prior interactions with FDA and EMA regulatory agencies is desirable.
- Immunovant’s headquarters is located in New York City. The position is flexible for remote work.
- Dynamic, interactive, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment
- Domestic or international travel is required (20%)