Company Headquarters: Dallas, TX
Type: Full Time - Experienced
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
WHO WE ARE?
We’re ePayAdvisors, a wholly owned subsidiary of ePayResources, one of the largest not-for-profit payments trade associations in the country. ePay supports 1,400 member banks, credit unions, and other organizations who turn to us for education, payment rules interpretation, and risk and compliance support.
Our Advisors team are the leading experts for electronic payment audits and risk assessments for financial institutions, payment processors, and other payment service providers.
ePayAdvisors is looking for an accomplished individual to fill a key position and play an integral role in our success. We are looking for someone who is a team player and can apply their skills and experience with a member-driven lens to perform client engagements.
You must have excellent interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for building client relationships. We will need to be up to date with the ever-changing developments in payment rules and regulations. You must be a professionally mature individual who is a self-starter, capable of interpreting rules and regulations to provide well thought out recommendations.
Sound like you? Read on.
You will report to the Vice President, Third Party Services and partner with the team to develop and deliver various payments-related compliance and risk management consulting services (ACH Compliance Audits and Risk Assessments, Remote Deposit Capture Audits and Risk Assessments, Wire Transfer Audits and Risk Assessment, and more).
Payments Industry and Association Acumen:
Are you a veteran of the financial services or payments industry and understand various payment services organizations? The individual in this role must be passionate about payments, their work, their clients, and getting results. They must be detail-oriented with the ability to define problems, collect relevant data, and recommend improvements, and provide corrective actions. They must be able to effectively organize, manage, and track multiple projects simultaneously. The individual must be dedicated, self-motivated, and be able to exercise sound judgment, and able to work independently and in a team environment.
Writing & Communicating:
Can you take a technical concept and communicate it in a way all levels of your client’s personnel will understand? If so, you’ve got skills we need. While conducting payments system audit and assessment engagements you’ll develop a broad understanding of what your client organization is doing, and you will then synthesize all you’ve learned in comparison and alignment with payment network rules and federal regulations to produce a compelling report containing findings and recommendations. You will need to be able to effectively communicate these discoveries in a fluid, approachable, and understandable way. Consequently, written and oral communications are key in this role as part of your external relations work.
Prospecting & Building Clients Relationships:
You will embody the company’s mission as a trusted resource for electronic payments and expertise. Accomplishing this you will identify and pursue opportunities which benefit clients from the suite of services offered by Advisors. You must have experience in prospecting and retaining client relationships as well as managing your individual pipelines, to help achieve the team’s goals.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from a four-year college or university required; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education. Demonstrated experience working in systems and software, including but not limited to email, and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is preferred. Knowledge of accounting systems, core bank operations software, reporting, and database software/systems in a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
One or more of the following payments related accreditations required: Accredited ACH Professional (AAP), National Check Professional (NCP), and Certified Treasury Professional (CTP). One or more of the following audit/compliance-related accreditations preferred: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), NAFCU Certified
Compliance Officer (NCCO), and a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM).
This position demands an unusual breadth and depth of skills and we are excited to find you and have you join us.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
· Maintain a high level of proficiency with industry rules and regulations.
· Actively participate in the planning and execution of payments-related audits and assessments for the company's clients.
· Learn, understand, and implement industry audit requirements and the company's risk-based audit methodology.
· Travel to client work sites and professionally interact with client personnel to efficiently and effectively complete engagements.
· Analyze client processes, procedures, and data.
· Identify opportunities to improve our clients' payments and risk management operation
· Summarize findings; develop and present a formal report of findings to client project team and management within the required timeframe to promote operational efficiency along with quality customer service.
· Deliver select training sessions (in-person, teleseminars, webinars, and customized training) on an as-needed basis and handle member calls related to ACH Rules interpretation, e.g for ACH, card, check, RTP (Real Time Payments), and/or wire transfers… etc.
· Contribute to the accomplishment of ePayAdvisors' and ePayResources’ strategic goals and objectives, as well as individual goals.
· Contribute articles and serve as a publications contributor for the association's communications vehicles relating to risk management and other topics, as appropriate.
· Adhere to ePayResources' Mission and Guiding Principles.
What would get us excited?
Sophisticated Communicator: You present yourself as an articulate, polished and sophisticated individual and have experience interacting comfortably with all levels, both individuals and groups. You listen carefully as well as give advice and respect the abilities of others. You are transparent and share openly.
Team Player: You like to work closely with a team and can navigate a matrix of reporting lines and responsibilities to achieve common objectives; you foster collaboration and support your colleagues.
Third Party Knowledge: You have experience with compliance and regulatory requirements for Third Party Service providers and Third Party Senders.