Position Summary: This position is responsible for supporting ePayResources mission to be the trusted advisor of choice for electronic payments education and expertise. The individual in this role will directly contribute to the association’s training and education services objectives by designing, developing and delivering payments-related training programs, products and services to meet the evolving education needs of the association membership. This individual will effectively and professionally represent the company and its products and services through direct interaction with members and non-members. This individual will serve as one of the primary contacts for member calls related to regulatory rules interpretation (IE: ACH, NCP, Regulation E, Debit Card, Credit Card, Wires etc.) and other payments issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Design, development and delivery of payments-related education curriculum, including but not limited to webinars and workshop presentations
- This includes creating, revising, and delivering various training program content as rules and regulations change in order to remain current with regulatory agencies
· Attend and/or speak at various payments related events at discretion of management
· Assist with ongoing maintenance of education content for accuracy and relevance
· Design, develop and maintenance of payment-related publications
· Payments Hotline/Answerline™, monitoring and responding to calls and voicemails as they come in
· Education of company payments professional colleagues on current trends, new rules and regulations in the payments industry
· Assist in development of annual education catalog
· Contribute to the accomplishment of ePayResources’ strategic goals and objectives, as well as individual goals
· Adhere to ePayResources’ Core Values and Mission
· Regular overnight travel required
· Represent ePayResources at events, member and non-member meetings, and other association-related activities, as needed
· Support activities of the ePayResources Member Operations, Education and Rules Committees
- Maintain ePayResources ACH Certification program
· Identify and work to acquire new members
· Identify and work to refer new Risk, Compliance and Consulting engagements to ePayAdvisors
· Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Interest in and ability to effectively train a variety of audiences, sometimes on complex topics. Experience in financial services and electronic payments industry preferred. At least one of the following certifications is required, AAP, CTP, NCP or APRP. Operational knowledge of payments services (ACH, Card, Check, Wire) a plus.
Additional Skills & Experience: The individual in this position must be passionate about their work, customer service focused, and results oriented. They must be detail-oriented, with the ability to effectively organize, manage and track multiple projects simultaneously. They must be dedicated and self-motivated. They must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to act independently with minimal direction and exercise sound judgement. They must also have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Language Ability: Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts, business documents, technical and procedural manuals, and government regulations. Ability to respond to and effectively handle sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to develop and effectively deliver training curriculum make persuasive speeches and present controversial or complex topics to all levels of members’ staff and management.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to comprehend and educate others about complex topics.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, the individual should have proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel & Word). Knowledge of email, order processing, database and web training software preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
One or more of the following accreditations required: Accredited ACH Professional (AAP), Certified Payments Professional (CPP), Certified Treasury Professional (CTP), Payment Card Industry Professional (PCIP), National Check Professional (NCP). Toastmasters Competent Communicator preferred.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This position requires regular and frequent travel, both by car and air. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and expansive reading.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.