ABOUT THE ROLE
This position works in the warehouse and reports directly to the Supervisor. The incumbent is responsible for all processes from staging, scanning, loading and unloading trailers. The work schedule is currently working Monday through Thursday – 10 hr shifts, off on Friday.
Attention to detail, follow-through, and good judgment are important factors in the day-to-day operation of this position. This position involves interaction with truck drivers, shipping carriers/companies, customer service and sales representatives. The incumbent will handle routine needs that arise, identify and maintain necessary equipment, tools and supplies, function as front line contact with inventory control, production and process employees, communicating issues back to Supervisor. This position utilizes a forklift 80% of the day. Warehouse area maintenance also must be performed to maintain a neat and organized warehouse.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PRECOR
- Stage orders/shipments: Pull orders from pick sheet. Pull stock using FIFO system.
- Perform daily warehouse job duties and functions for safety, accuracy and efficiency.
- Maintain an understanding of and adherence to Precor safety policies as they apply to the FG Shipping department and all Precor Company policies.
- Verify orders/shipments visually on the floor as well as using RF barcode scanning technology and warehouse computer to verify order accuracy.
- Attend scheduled departmental and staff meetings.
- Actively pursue continuous improvement and ease of doing business to meet or exceed customer needs and to further overall company and departmental goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YOU BRING TO PRECOR
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 1 year experience operating a forklift or reach lift, preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred not required.
- Understanding of inventory flow.
- Experience with cycle counting, shipping and receiving.
- Work in a warehouse where temperature can vary extremely. Requires working outside in all weather conditions.
- Exposure to a noisy environment on a daily basis.
- Safety equipment, such as steel toed shoes and safety glasses are required (provided by Precor).
- Forklifts can have a jarring or bouncing effect.
- Hours can vary due to work conditions, seasonal business cycle and mandatory overtime may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Precor is known for developing and manufacturing the most innovative and reliable commercial fitness equipment on the market. With over 40 years of empowering exercisers, trainers, business owners, and operators alike we take pride in offering world-class fitness solutions across over 13,000 facilities and 100+ countries. We sweat every detail to bring best-in-class product solutions into commercial facilities, meeting exercisers wherever they are: at work, at school, in the gym, or on the road.
Precor is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: HR@precor.com
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and well-being of our employees and their families. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including: