This position is responsible for growing Precor’s direct sales to Club and YMCA customers in OK, KS, MO and AR. An annual sales goal of $2-4M is typically assigned to the territory. Value-oriented selling skills, strategic territory planning, effective and consistentCRM usage, cross-functional collaboration, influencing, integrity and professionalism are essential competencies in daily performance of this role. The position works closely with Marketing as well as various other Precor departments. This position requires 50% travel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyzes territory for deep understanding of best opportunities for profitable growth
- Clearly identifies and targets opportunities with new customers as well existing accounts
- Develops and maintains a clear and actionable business plan outlining activities, time allocation and consistent process to achieve revenue and profitability goals
- Completes detailed customer profiles and account plans where appropriate
- Collaborates with Marketing team on lead-generation programs
Sales Activity & CRM Usage
- Maintains high level of sales activity by consistently calling on all customers in assigned territory
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with top decision-makers in key accounts
- Uses Salesforce.com on daily basis to maintain accurate data on all customer contacts, activities, leads, opportunities, quotes, correspondence, and contracts
- Provides accurate sales forecasts using sales pipeline data in Salesforce.com
- Follows up on all sales leads and customer inquiries in a timely, professional, and accurate manner
- Prepares and presents sales proposals, including price quotations, credit terms, delivery, service and leasing options
- Attends designated trade shows, cultivates client relationships, and represents Precor in a positive and professional manner
- Uses all other supporting tools & technology for role consistently (ipad, sales portal, sales training modules, etc.)
Sales Skills & Knowledge
- Follows structured & repeatable sales process to maximize selling effectiveness
- Maximizes the revenue and profitability of every transaction through disciplined deal management and the ability to prove Precor’s value proposition
- Becomes a trusted advisor to customers by using a value-oriented, solution-selling approach
- Gains a deep understanding of each customer’s business needs and key performance indicators
- Delivers effective sales presentations, both formal and informal, to customer contacts at all levels
- Creates and presents accurate, professional-looking sales quotations and proposal documentation, including an analysis of ROI and TCO where appropriate
- Builds and maintains a deep understanding of Precor offerings, specific Club and YMCA market, Precor competitor landscape, and various sales techniques
Sales Administration& Customer Service
- Works closely with inside sales representatives to coordinate shipping, delivery, installation, credit, and contracts as well as accurate tracking of all information in Salesforce.com
- Works closely with Customer Service to maintain high customer satisfaction and to help coordinate prompt and effective resolution of all product and service issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Four year degree in Business with a concentration in Sales and Marketing
- 5+ years of experience selling in a direct commercial sales environment and / or sales management experience
- Demonstrated success in exceeding sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach
- Extensive experience in cold calling, prospecting and qualifying leads
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other CRM tool
- Business and financial acumen – able to understand and discuss customer business issues, deal profitability, leasing, ROI, TCO, and related financial topics
- Technology skills – Skilled and confident in daily use of technology tools including laptop, notepad, smartphone, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, CRM system (Salesforce.com preferred), web portals, and related tools. Capable of working with limited technical support.
- Customer Focus – solicits and uses feedback for continuous improvement. Strives for quality and excellence.
- Accountability – takes a no excuses approach to making things happen. Takes responsibility for own actions and results.
- Teamwork – Actively assists to move the team toward the completion of goals
- Communication Skills – Effectively expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form.
- Collaboration - Establishes collaborative relationships to achieve objectives
- Influencing –Gaining acceptance from others
- Drive for Results –Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment
Precor, is known for developing and manufacturing the most innovative and reliable commercial fitness equipment on the market. With over 40 years of empowering exercisers, trainers, business owners, and operators alike we take pride in offering world-class fitness solutions across over 13,000 facilities and 100+ countries. We sweat every detail to bring best-in-class product solutions into commercial facilities, meeting exercisers wherever they are: at work, at school, in the gym, or on the road.
Precor is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: HR@precor.com
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and well-being of our employees and their families. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy, including 11 paid Holidays
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to Employee Assistance Program; including access to mental health services
- 401(k) including employer match
- Pet insurance and so much more!