The Licensed Practical Nurse works under the direct supervision of the a registered nurse to carry out technical and patient care treatment activities. This individual performs a variety of patient care duties and operates a variety of equipment necessary in the care of dialysis patients. The LPN delivers prescribed dialysis treatment according to physician orders, nursing assessment and Pure Life Renal policy and procedure.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct patient care for assigned patient(s).
- Perform all technical aspects of dialysis procedures for assigned patients as prescribed. Administer and monitor treatments in accordance with current treatment orders or as directed by the supervisor.
- Monitor and document dialysis treatment notes per policy in electronic medical record.
- Responsible for reporting any significant information, change in patient condition, or equipment problems.
- Assist with all emergency operational procedures.
- Initiate basic CPR measures in the event of patient cardiac and/or pulmonary arrest, and respond to emergencies.
- Proficiently operate all dialysis related equipment according to policy and procedure.
- Provide minor troubleshooting when necessary.
- Ensure a clean, safe and sanitary environment in the dialysis facility treatment area.
- Operate all emergency equipment effectively and according to policy and procedure.
- Participate in staff meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in scheduled in-service classes and continuing education.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduate from a recognized nursing institution
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Dialysis experience preferred but not required.
- Successfully complete CPR Certification.
- Employees must meet the necessary requirements of Ishihara’s Colorblindness test as a condition of employment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
- Providing outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers is an expectation for the job.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through appropriate and timely communication.
Pure Life Renal is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.