The statements below describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role.
They are not intended to be a complete list of all duties, and additional responsibilities may be
delegated as required.
Shares responsibility with Clinical Supervisor
for hiring, evaluating, disciplining, and terminating staff.
· Ensures that daily facility schedules (staff and patient) are being followed; and makes daily
· Makes staffing adjustments to meet unplanned changes and notifies staff of such changes.
· As needed, coordinates acceptance of new patients, transfers & transients.
· Complies with all Medicare/ and other ESRD reporting requirements by completing and submitting all
reports and survey forms promptly.
· Ensures availability of adequate supplies and equipment in conjunction with the Chief Technician.
· Maintains a therapeutic, safe and aesthetically acceptable physical environment.
· Plans and coordinates timely acceptance of new patients, transfers and transients.
· Supervises reuse personnel in the absence of the Chief Technician and notifies Chief Technician of
procedural and/or technical problems.
· Assists in planning and organizing facility meetings such as CQI, Staff Meetings, and in service.
· Admits new patients to the facility, including initial nursing assessment, signing of consents and
completion of medication list.
· Communicates regularly with nephrologist regarding patient needs.
· Supervises and performs initiation, monitoring and termination of dialysis as needed.
· Ensures that nursing care is coordinated with the prescribed medical plan of care and maintains effective
communication with the medical staff for collaborative planning.
· Ensures that all incidents are reported in an accurate and timely manner.
· Participates in direct patient care.
· Initiation of life saving corrective measures, including those necessary in treating shock.
· Responsible for patient care planning and follow-up.
· Oversees patient medication review at least quarterly.
· Makes regular patient rounds to identify patient needs, assess quality of care and resolve patient
· Maintains infection control with regard to the employees, patients, visitors, housekeeping and
· Supervises completion of quarterly patient emergency procedure review.
· Monitors stock medications for expiration dates and quantity.
· Other duties as assigned.