Licensed Practical Nurse-Hemodialysis
Functions as part of the Pure Life Renal hemodialysis healthcare team. Provides safe and effective dialysis treatments for assigned patients under the direct supervision of a registered nurse. Participates in the implementation and monitoring of patient care. Responsible for reporting and documenting all new or unusual incidents, information, complaints, or problems to the supervisor. Promotes and assists in maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide direct patient care for assigned patient(s).
· Perform all technical aspects of dialysis procedures for assigned patients as prescribed. Administer and monitor treatments in accordance with current treatment orders or as directed by the supervisor.
· Monitor and document dialysis treatment notes per policy in electronic medical record.
· Administer medications per physician orders, policy and procedure and applicable state nurse practice act.
· Responsible for reporting any significant information, change in patient condition, or equipment problems.
· Assist in developing and following the teaching plan to educate the patient and family regarding end stage renal disease, dialysis therapy, diet and medications.
· Assist with all emergency operational procedures.
· Initiate basic CPR measures in the event of patient cardiac and/or pulmonary arrest, and respond to emergencies
· Proficiently operate all dialysis related equipment according to policy and procedure.
· Provide minor troubleshooting when necessary.
· Ensure a clean, safe and sanitary environment in the dialysis facility treatment area.
· Operate all emergency equipment effectively and according to policy and procedure.
· Participate in staff meetings as scheduled.
· Act as a resource person for other staff members.
· Assist in short term and long term patient care plans and meetings as assigned.
· Assist with the coordination of the patient plan of care with Physician, Dietitian and Social Worker.
· Participate in scheduled in-service classes and continuing education.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Graduate of an accredited School of Practical Nursing (LPN, LVN)
· Current appropriate State licensure.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
· One year medical-surgical nursing experience preferred.
· Hemodialysis experience preferred but not required.
· Successfully complete a training course in the theory and practice of hemodialysis.
· Successfully complete CPR Certification.
· Employees must meet the necessary requirements of Ishihara’s Color Blindness test as a condition of employment.
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
· Providing outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers is an expectation for the job.
· Develops and maintains effective relationships through appropriate and timely communication.
· Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer