Santa Cruz Case Manager
Come work for a growing Company that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside a group of passionate people. If you have a passion for working with people experiencing homelessness, we would like to meet you!
Downtown Streets Team has been rated one of "Best Nonprofits to Work For" by The Nonprofit Times for three years (highest ranked non-profit in CA!). We strive to end homelessness by enabling un-housed individuals to restore their dignity and rebuild their lives. Our model was also recognized as one of only five Evidence Based Best Practices in California in 2018.
We’re looking for a full-time Case Manager to work with our Team Members on housing, employment and other self-sufficiency goals. You’ll be working directly with Team Members to navigate services and help them reduce the barriers to self-sufficiency. This position may also include administrative functions such as social media, newsletter, and other tasks as necessary.
- High school diploma/GED and 5 years of related experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of related experience
- Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate adaptability, commitment, collaboration and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent listening comprehension, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft programs
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and lifting (up to 25 lbs.)
- Using personal computer, keyboard, mouse and monitor
- Writing, reading, speaking in English
- Observation and problem solving; hearing, seeing, reasoning and decision making
- Basic mathematical calculations
Our office is located in the heart of Downtown Santa Cruz. You’ll be working out of this office but frequently traveling throughout the City and County to coordinate services with partners.
- Generous Salary
- Opportunities for growth
- Competitive benefits package including a 401k match of 6% after one year
- Flexible schedule
- Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
- Unique culture and passionate coworkers
- Additional compensation for Bilingual (Spanish) ability