Come work for a growing nonprofit that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance, and learn alongside a group of passionate people. If you are driven to make a difference by working with unhoused individuals, we would like to meet you!
Rated as one of "Best Nonprofits to Work For" by The Nonprofit Times for three years (highest ranked non-profit in CA!), Downtown Streets Team is transforming homelessness through building community. Teams of unhoused volunteers change perceptions of homelessness while beautifying our streets. Through engaging in a supportive community, Team Members (unhoused participants) gain confidence and tools to achieve their goals for greater self-sufficiency. Our volunteer work experience program model is a recognized Evidence Based Best Practices in California.
We’re looking a full-time Project Manager to run our Berkeley work experience program. This position will report to the Director of The East Bay. You’d be collaborating with the Berkeley Case Manager and Employment Specialist to assist unhoused individuals in navigating services and helping to reduce their barriers to self-sufficiency. You’ll be working out of our Berkeley office on Adeline St., and frequently traveling throughout Berkeley, Alameda County, and the greater Bay Area to work with other staff and partners.
Why You Should Apply:
-You are self-motivated, focused, dedicated and passionate about improving the community
- You want a job that is fulfilling, high impact, and transformative.
-Starting salary of $60k with room for increases and annual Cost of Living increase
-Competitive benefits package including a 401k match of 6% after one year
-Full medical, dental and vision
-Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
-Unique culture and passionate coworkers
-Additional compensation for Bilingual (Spanish) ability
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as the face to the greater community; representing the Team to all existing and potential partners including local government agencies, other social service providers, community-based groups, private business, and other stakeholders.
• Work with Case Manager/Employment Specialist to ensure that each Team Member achieves their individual goals related to housing, transportation, and employment.
• Maintain and adhere to a project voucher budget, while purchasing supplies and vouchers for Team Members and utilizing a voucher software system throughout the week.
• Work closely with other staff and partners to provide a pathway to employment for Team Members and promote successful participation in the work experience program
• Attend all meetings relevant to client care and company goals
• Help facilitate volunteer and public education opportunities; this will include some nights and weekends
• Maintain a regular reporting system for impact figures, funding cycles, and regular finances.
• Effectively track and report project data to contractor and general public.
• Establish productive relationships with each and every Team Member with no bias or prejudice towards race, religion, age, sex, disability, or sexual preference.
BERKELEY JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Manage day-to-day volunteer project logistics of 20-30 Team Members
• Conduct regular check-ins with each crew to ensure Teams are on task and safe while they are volunteering.
• Conduct Team Member homeless outreach trainings and provide outreach support.
• Facilitate regular leadership trainings for Team Members.
• Attend monthly service provider meetings and relevant city council meetings
• Collaborate with City Parks and Police Department on camp clean ups.
• A bachelor’s degree in the field of Social Sciences, English, or Public Affairs and Law preferred or two years relevant experience.
• Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
• Ability to work with all levels of management.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate direct reports.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft programs