Come work for a growing Company that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside a group of passionate people. If you have a passion for working with unhoused individuals, we would like to meet you!
Rated as one of "Best Nonprofits to Work For" by The Nonprofit Times for three years (highest ranked non-profit in CA!), Downtown Streets strives to end homelessness by enabling un-housed individuals (Team Members) to restore their dignity and rebuild their lives. Our model was also recognized as one of only five Evidence Based Best Practices in California in 2018.
We’re looking a full-time Project Manager to supervise the Redwood City work experience programs. You will be working directly with Redwood City staff to assist unhoused individuals to navigate services and help them reduce the barriers to self-sufficiency.
Why You Should Apply:
-You are self-motivated, focused, dedicated and passionate about helping people.
-Starting salary of $60k with room for increases and annual Cost of Living increase
-Competitive benefits package including a 401k match of 6% after one year
-Full medical, dental and vision
-Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
-Unique culture and passionate coworkers
-Additional compensation for Bilingual (Spanish) ability
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as the face to the greater community; representing the team to all existing and potential partners including local government agencies, other social service providers, community-based groups, private business, and other stakeholders.
• Work with staff to help each Team Member individually to achieve goals specifically related to housing, transportation, and employment.
• Maintain and adhere to a project voucher budget, while purchasing supplies and vouchers for Team Members and utilizing a voucher software system throughout the week.
• Work closely other staff to provide a pathway to employment for Team Members and promote successful participation in the work experience program
• Attend all meetings relevant to client care and company goals and help facilitate volunteer and public education opportunities; this will include some nights and weekends
• Maintain a regular reporting system for impact figures, funding cycles, and regular finances.
• Effectively track and report project data to contractor and general public.
• Establish productive relationships with each and every Team Member with no bias or prejudice towards race, religion, age, sex, disability, or sexual preference.
• A bachelor’s degree in the field of Social Sciences, English, or Public Affairs and Law preferred or two years relevant experience.
• Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
• Ability to work with all levels of management.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate direct reports.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft programs