San Francisco Employment Specialist Position
Come work for a growing Company that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside a group of passionate people. If you have a passion for working with homeless individuals, we need you.
Rated as one of Best Nonprofits To Work For by Nonprofit Times 2016-2019 (highest ranked non-profit in CA!), Downtown Streets strives to end homelessness by enabling un-housed Individuals to restore their dignity and rebuild their lives. Team members prepare for permanent employment and housing by participating on work teams that serve their local communities. Our model was also recognized as one of only five Evidence Based Best Practices in 2018.
Downtown Streets Team is seeking an Employment Specialist to work with Team Members from San Francisco on their employment goals. This position will report directly to the Project Lead.
Why You Should Apply:
• You are focused, dedicated and passionate about helping people.
• Extra compensation for Spanish speakers
• Competitive benefits package including a 401k match of 6% after one year
• Flexible schedule
• Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
• Unique culture and passionate coworkers
Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assign.
• Assist up to 45 in individuals to secure sustainable income preferably through employment
• Assists with special projects as required.
• Market Downtown Streets Team to the community
• Assist Team Members in the creation of resumes and other job search collateral
• Support Team Members in professional development such as job search skills, soft skills and leadership classes
• Collaborate with businesses, community organizations, and volunteers to increase and improve employment prospects for Team Members
• Partner with local service providers to provide a continuum of care for Team Members
• Conduct outreach to the community to recruit potential Team
• Develop case files, track success metrics and update files for each Team Member based on daily, weekly and monthly activities
• A passion for working with individuals experiencing homelessness
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience preferred
• Demonstrated sales and/or partnership building ability
• Ability to work on multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines and metrics
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials in a professional manner
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking ability
• Must be a self-starter who can work well independently and with minimal direction
• Knowledge of local economic conditions, homeless best practices, and homeless resources
• Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate Team Members
• Proficient in Microsoft Programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
• Fluency in Spanish preferred
• Moderate noise associated with an open office work environment
• Meeting Team Members and partners within the community