CAREER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
Downtown Streets Team strives to end homelessness by enabling unhoused people torestore their dignity and rebuild their lives. Team members prepare for permanent employment and housing by participating on work teams that serve their local communities.
Downtown Streets Team is seeking an Accounting Specialist to work in the Accounting Office in San Jose. A Professional Accounting Firm is responsible for handling financial close and reporting activities for the Agency. Our Agency is focused on maintaining internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley. This control environment provides employees opportunities to grow in their responsibilities.
Duties Will Include:
- Process invoices through paper and electronic channels
- High Volume Gift card management
- Electronic processing of employee expense reports
- Corporate and Purchasing Card administration
- Assist with processing invoices to our Funders
- Assist with month-end and preparation with close
· 2 to 5 years of Accounting experience
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office including advanced level in Excel
· Strong Concur reporting knowledge
· Ability to work independently in a high volume environment
· Ability to maintain employee relationships through timely responses and excellent service
· Strong written and oral communication skills to interact with vendors and internal business partners
· Demonstrated ability to diagnose and solve technical or process issues
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, generous paid vacation and sick time plan, optional 401K plan after 12 months, Gym membership.
Please send Resumes to HR@streetsteam.org