At Headlands Research, we are building the best clinical trial company in the world. We’re an exceptional family of next-generation clinical trial sites, integrating cutting edge technology and high-quality support services, and significantly expanding participant outreach and participation. Founded in 2018, our company is in high growth mode; we operate 15 clinical trial sites in the US and Canada and have rapid expansion plans.
AcceleLink, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Headlands Research Inc. is advancing disruptive technologies to accelerate the progress of innovation for maximum impact in the clinical trials industry. The Springbok-by-AcceleLink TM platform is the first offering by AcceleLink and will focus on delivering optimized marketing and recruitment for clinical trials. Over time, AcceleLink will deliver new and innovative solutions for the continued disruption of the status quo within the clinical trials space.
You can read more about us at headlandsresearch.com.
Reporting to the Head of Sales and Patient Recruitment, the Community Engagement Director will oversee a team of Community Liaisons located within our site regions. The Director will own strategy and training of the team to drive improved community engagement with our clinical trial sites, as well as awareness of possible partnerships to improve patient access. The Director will also own a small territory to liaison with.
- Build a high performing team of Community Liaison Managers, mentoring and managing to drive key results
- Set goals, KPIs, and strategies for the team, which improves engagement with our sites
- Develop, implement, and oversee creative community and patient engagement strategies that meet company patient recruitment goals, to include but not limited to building relationship with doctors’ offices, urgent cares, medical clinics, memory centers, community centers, etc.
- Guide Clinical Site Enrollment strategies across all regions at AcceleLink to include hitting monthly patient recruitment targets
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing team to develop tools and outreach standards for all regions, focused on business development
- Utilize deep knowledge within the company’s target industries and functions to provide solutions to liaison team
- Join Clinical Operations team members to meet with potential recruitment sources (e.g., physicians, physician office groups at hospitals) to identify their clinical needs, goals, and constraints related to patient care and to discuss and demonstrate how AcceleLink can be an added value to those sites
- Manage client engagements and nurturing the working relationship with clients through relationship building strategies
- Develop business within assigned region(s), with support from the sales & marketing team
- Function as a liaison with Site Directors and ensure proper communication related to patient engagement activities and events
- Identify, research, and connect with prospective clients
- Find ways to upsell existing clients
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 50% Travel
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business, or a related field is the minimum required education, master’s degree is preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in territory sales or account management field preferred
- Self-motivated leader able to manage and motivate teams, establish goals; monitor results to achieve tactical goals
- Ability to contribute across multiple functions of the team (e.g., high-level communication, results presentation decks, analysis
- Excellent communication and writing skills, patience, professionalism, and ability to effectively interact with staff and management alike
- 3+ years in clinical field with a focus in clinical research preferred
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries is preferred
- Strong knowledge of compliance and regulations such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) is preferred
- Has established network and referral contacts is preferred