At Headlands Research, we are building the best clinical trial company in the world. We’re an exceptional family of next-generation clinical trial sites, integrating cutting edge technology and high-quality support services, and significantly expanding participant outreach and participation. Founded in 2018, our company is in high growth mode; we operate 15 clinical trial sites in the US and Canada and have rapid expansion plans.
This role will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area but can be REMOTE. You can read more about us at headlandsresearch.com.
As Technical Accounting Manager, will report to the VP Finance and will be responsible for preparing and reviewing customer contracts to determine the appropriate revenue recognition. This role will also coordinate technical accounting research in other areas (i.e. consolidation, lease accounting, software capitalization, debt financing, business combination, etc.), develop key controls to support the internal control environment, support the monthly close process, and support the quarterly and annual financial reporting process. The Technical Accounting Manager will also work closely with the Acquisition Integration team to ensure successful implementation of Company revenue recognition policies and procedures for newly acquired businesses and accurate post go-live reporting.
· Provide technical accounting guidance (both US GAAP and IFRS) to internal customers and prepare technical accounting position papers supporting conclusions reached
· Monitor and review the actual recording of revenue to ensure compliance with the issued technical accounting papers
· Assist with the analysis of contracts under revenue recognition and other US GAAP standards
· Responsible for stock-based compensation accounting
· Implementation of ASC 842 Lease accounting
· Document internal control procedures
· Perform key control activities identified for the relevant accounting areas
· Support the month end close process
· Prepare the annual financial statement and footnotes for audit
· Assist in the coordination of annual audits
· Accounting management for a growing business unit
We are seeking a Technical Accounting Manager who combines strong analytical skills with the ability to remain highly organized in a deadline-driven environment, while maintaining strict attention to detail. It is also important that you display excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to communicate professionally with internal and external contacts.
· B.A./B.S. Degree in Accounting required
· 8+ years of combined Public and Private Industry accounting
· CPA certified
· Excellent writing skills
· Experience within a multinational business preferred
· Highly motivated with ability to work in a rapidly changing environment