At Headlands Research, we are building the best clinical trial company in the world. We’re an exceptional family of next-generation clinical trial sites, integrating cutting edge technology and high-quality support services, and significantly expanding participant outreach and participation. Founded in 2018, our company is in high growth mode; we operate 15 clinical trial sites in the US and Canada and have rapid expansion plans.
Reporting to the VP, Operations. Responsible for the identification, development, maintenance, and delivery of training programs designed to enhance and ensure the quality and consistency of operations across the network sites in the US and Canada.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assess company-wide developmental needs and identify suitable training solutions to drive training initiatives across the network
- Develop individualized and group training programs that address specific business needs
- Initiate, develop and deliver ongoing training programs including concept design, materials development, and implementation for site staff
- Initiate, update, and deliver a new hire onboarding program for implementation at network sites. This includes collaborating with the site directors, creating/updating all presentations with current information, planning the program according to hiring frequency, and delivering the program to all new hires. Customize the program to meet individual site needs
- Collaborate with site directors in the development and delivery of ongoing training strategies for existing staff
- Develop and deliver remedial training in response to observations identified during internal site reviews, sponsor/CRO audits and/or HA inspections. Track audit and inspection observations across the network.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs at sites and across the network
- Maintain documentation of network level training records.
- Develop and maintain network level SOPs including training records management
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the VP of Operations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum five years clinical research experience at the site level.
- Previous experience initiating/developing/delivering training programs and associated documents
- Previous experience developing SOPs and Working Documents for clinical trials conduct
- Supervisory experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate empathy with employee learning and learning technologies
- Autonomy and the ability to work without heavy direction
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth and constantly evolving environment
- The ability to multitask and adjust priorities under time constraints
- A passion for training and clinical research
- Incredible organizational skills; superb attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge, understanding, and application of pertinent federal regulations and Good Clinical Practice
- Proficiency in MS Professional Office suite