At Headlands Research, we are building the best clinical trial company in the world. We are an exceptional family of next-generation clinical trial sites, integrating cutting edge technology and high-quality support services, and significantly expanding participant outreach and participation. Founded in 2018, our company is in high growth mode; we operate 15 clinical trial sites in the US and Canada and have rapid expansion plans.
This new Front Desk Receptionist role will be based in Toronto is a full-time position.
You can read more about us at headlandsresearch.com.
TMP Research ULC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Headlands Research, is searching for an experienced Medical Receptionist. The primary responsibility as the Receptionist is to manage the day-to-day reception duties in our fast-paced clinic environment. As the Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for the company therefore the successful candidate will have a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, and excellent communication skills.
· Greet clients (i.e. patients, caregivers, visitors) and provide support as required.
· Answer incoming calls and redirect appropriately. Check and distribute voice mails.
· Schedule appointments utilizing PS Suite TELUS EMR
· Arrange OTN video call appointments as required
· Conduct appointment reminder calls as per procedure.
· Ensure patient questionnaires have been received prior to new patient appointments
· Prepare daily billing sheets for physicians.
· Act as a back-up for other medical receptionists and medical records clerk.
· Obtain patient demographics and verify health card information at each visit.
· Follow meaningful Use guidelines for electronic medical records.
· Scan patient information into EMR.
· Monitor and review physician schedules.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma
· Minimum of 3 years in a similar role, preferably within the medical field
· Excellent verbal communication, customer service and teamwork skills
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task with attention to detail
· Strong Microsoft Office skills
· Previous experience with PS Suite TELUS EMR Scheduling an asset
· Medical terminology an asset