At Headlands Research, we are building the best clinical trial company in the world. We’re an exceptional family of next-generation clinical trial sites, integrating cutting edge technology and high-quality support services, and significantly expanding participant outreach and participation. Founded in 2018, our company is in high growth mode; we operate 15 clinical trial sites in the US and Canada and have rapid expansion plans.
This role will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area. You can read more about us at headlandsresearch.com.
To support our rapid growth, we are looking for a proven and collaborative Corporate Controller to lead all Finance operations globally. In this role, you will report to the Vice President, Finance. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience growing and scaling globally dispersed teams as well as leading process and system improvements. This role should be adept at moving seamlessly between deep-in-the weeds daily accounting activities to strategic thinking and problem-solving. The Controller will need to be very organized and a strong communicator comfortable with facilitating executive-level discussions.
· Lead, scale and partner with a growing global team (US locations, Canada & Europe) responsible for all accounting and financial reporting.
· Establish and maintain the company accounting principles, policies, practices, procedures and financial control systems in accordance with all regulatory bodies and stakeholders.
· Manage month-end, quarter-end, and annual close processes, including the development of close procedures that ensure timely and accurate consolidated financial results in accordance with US GAAP.
· Consolidate multiple entity monthly and quarterly results and prepare management and Board of Directors packages.
· Partner regularly with operations and site management to develop scalable controls and processes regarding financial controls and processes.
· Own the annual audit, tax compliance, and related activities
· Devise and lead process and system improvement projects required to maintain efficient and effective operations.
· Hands on responsibility for corporate expense processing and reporting
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, CPA a plus
· Knowledge of GAAP accounting, financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting, cash flow and auditing.
· 10+ years of experience in accounting and finance
· Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with non-accounting professionals
· Demonstrated leadership and history of driving change with a sense of urgency in a growth environment
· Must have strong ERP system skills
· Must have strong Excel skills
· High degree of integrity including ability to successfully handle sensitive or confidential information
· Ability to be a team player and mentor others
· Experience working in a matrix organizational structure
· Must be highly reliable with an ability to work independently
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills required
· Respects and maintains confidentiality of all financial information
· Ability to multi-task, manage projects, and meet deadlines
· Ability to travel approximately 10% to 15%