At Headlands Research, we are building the best clinical trial company in the world. We’re an exceptional family of next-generation clinical trial sites, integrating cutting edge technology and high-quality support services, and significantly expanding participant outreach and participation. Founded in 2018, our company is in high growth mode; we operate 15 clinical trial sites in the US and Canada and have rapid expansion plans.
You can read more about us at headlandsresearch.com.
We are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven leader to direct and manage Headlands’ Springbok business, which is focused on patient recruitment and marketing. Duties for the Head of Sales and Marketing will include allocating oversight of Springbok’s marketing efforts and spend, focusing on inside sales, coordinating daily business operations, motivating staff, managing operational costs, ensuring a good patient experience, and ensuring the team, and ultimately the Headlands sites, are hitting their monthly recruiting goals. Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist our organization in having the best patient recruitment process in the clinical trials industry.
The successful candidate for this role should possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of marketing and sales, be tech savvy, exceptional budgeting and finance skills, and strong leadership and people management qualities. This noteworthy leader should account for all business activities, support staff development, enhance efficiency, drive sales, and improve revenue across the Headlands sites.
- Overseeing daily business operations for Springbok and coordinate with all Headlands sites to ensure monthly targets are met
- Developing and implementing growth strategies for marketing and sales
- Highly revenue driven individual, with a focus on inside sales
- Hyper-focused on continuous improvement with the ability to experiment and test new ideas and strategies from both the sales and marketing aspects of the business
- Oversight and appropriate management of marketing budgets across all Headlands sites
- Researching and identifying growth opportunities
- Evaluate employee performance and productivity along with ensuring performance bonuses are aligned with goals
- Training managers and staff on best practices and how to improve efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to manage a remote, growing team
- Generating reports and giving presentations around the analytics and data of the business to generate recommendations for improvement month over month
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Superior knowledge of inside sales operations/departments, with at least 7+ years of experience in the day-to-day operations of an inside sales team
- Superior knowledge of marketing and sales analytics with proven experience creating new processes and operations to improve efficiency and hit goals
- 7+ years dealing with marketing and sales analytics with proven experience analyzing data and providing recommendations to improve revenue and decrease expenses
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to grow highly engaged teams, 7+ years leading and directing people daily is required
- 5+ years of experience with Salesforce is required, with experience in inside sales utilizing Salesforce is preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage multiple external customers