At Headlands Research, we are building the best clinical trial company in the world. We’re an exceptional family of next-generation clinical trial sites, integrating cutting edge technology and high-quality support services, and significantly expanding participant outreach and participation. Founded in 2018, our company is in high growth mode; we operate 15 clinical trial sites in the US and Canada and have rapid expansion plans.
You can read more about us at headlandsresearch.com.
The Director of Business Intelligence leads solutions for a company focused on Marketing and Patient Recruitment for Clinical Research.
This position provides strategic leadership and daily oversight to the division and cross-functional teams by taking a data-driven and innovative leadership approach, setting strategic vision and objectives for all business systems reporting, extending into business intelligence across the sales & operations.
- Develop Business Intelligence platform and reporting from the ground up with the ability to connect multiple data sources together for visualization and analysis purposes
- Ensure enterprise alignment with companywide business intelligence strategies with goal of promoting consistent approach to reporting, analytics, and other strategic initiatives.
- Directs multiple complex analytics projects simultaneously as well as large, complex problem-solving initiatives because of data analyses.
- Analyzes large-scale business processes and problems, developing solutions involving the use of systems, information flow, and architecture
- Creates specifications for systems to meet requirements; validating requirements against needs; designing platforms for reporting.
- Utilizing a solid understanding of analytics tools and enterprise applications (i.e., Salesforce, Tableau, Google Analytics) to create dashboards, performs root cause analysis, develops analytics strategies & project proposals
- Implementation of strategies, analytics reports, reports on trends, and presents findings to leadership. This
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred
- In-depth knowledge of business intelligence functions, advanced analytics, industry standards and best practices.
- Proven statistical and data analysis skills, including high proficiency, and understanding with data mapping, data mining, and statistical software tools.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in internal databases, BI applications, tools, and systems. Proven ability to develop and use dashboard intelligence platforms (i.e., Salesforce, Microsoft BI, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server), enterprise performance management software, and other analytical technologies Strong leadership skills with demonstrated experience in personnel management & supervision, performance management, organizational administration, and strategic planning,
- Advanced organizational and project management skills
- Advanced interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to produce and deliver presentations to diverse audiences.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills. Intermediate to advanced skills in data analysis and visualization tools
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Clinical Research or an allied field and five years of experience in administrative analysis or operations research; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent training