At Headlands Research, we are building the best clinical trial company in the world. We’re an exceptional family of next-generation clinical trial sites, integrating cutting edge technology and high-quality support services, and significantly expanding participant outreach and participation. Founded in 2018, our company is in high growth mode; we operate 15 clinical trial sites in the US and Canada and have rapid expansion plans.
This new Patient Recruitment Specialist role will be a REMOTE position, or could be based at one of our local offices.
Schedule: Full time, some weekends required.
You can read more about us at headlandsresearch.com.
Accelelink, a Headlands Research company, is searching for a Patient Recruitment Specialist. Under the supervision of the Patient Recruitment Manager, the Patient Recruitment Specialist will work in a Call Center setting and be responsible for all recruitment related activities for assigned clinical trials. This includes but is not limited to mastery of protocol specific inclusion/exclusion criteria, participation in the development of recruitment strategies and plans, and the tracking of recruitment results. The Patient Recruitment Specialist will mainly be responsible for phone screening potential study participants, entering information into the clinical database, and scheduling potential participants for on-site visits.
Description of Responsibilities
- Maintain a thorough understanding of assigned study inclusion/exclusion criteria and utilize these criteria to effectively assess potential participants
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of assigned medical indications
- Make outgoing calls and answer incoming calls from potential study patients and assess preliminary subject eligibility against protocol specific inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Review patient database, vendor portals and other electronic platforms as required to identify potential study patients and initiate contact
- Ensure accurate collection and entry of patient information into the relevant databases while on the phone
- Ensure courteous and efficient service is provided to all callers
- Support other members of your team as well as cross-functional team members
- Attend and contribute to department meeting
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and attention to details
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to quickly adapt to changes in responsibilities, workloads and priorities
- Be a fast learner with capacity to retain and differentiate key enrollment criteria across clinical trials
- Demonstrate a focus on process improvement and be capable of articulating ideas for improving efficiency and maximizing results
- Possess well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to work well independently, as well as with co-workers, peers, supervisor and external customers
- Able to maintain confidentiality with HIPAA guidelines, patient information and other sensitive information
- Demonstrate professionalism, sense of urgency and self-motivation to achieve required metrics
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, Associate's degree or equivalent with at least two years of experience in a clinical, hospitality setting, or related field preferred
- Prior inside sales experience a plus
- Prior history delivering excellent customer service
- Medical terminology
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English) a plus