At Headlands Research, we are building the best clinical trial company in the world. We’re an exceptional family of next-generation clinical trial sites, integrating cutting edge technology and high-quality support services, and significantly expanding participant outreach and participation. Founded in 2018, our company is in high growth mode; we operate 15 clinical trial sites in the US and Canada and have rapid expansion plans.
This Laboratory Technician role will be based in McAllen, TX, and is a full time, hourly position.
You can read more about us at headlandsresearch.com.
We are looking for a qualified Lab Tech to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings. The ideal candidate will have experience in working under possibly hazardous conditions. He/She will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions and will be passionate for doing work that makes things move forward. The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference in research.
- Draw, receive, label and analyze samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
- Design and execute laboratory testing according standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Proven experience as Lab Technician or relevant position
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (Infectious bacteria, blood).
- In depth knowledge of preventative measures and laboratory best practices
- Excellent physical condition and endurance
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Valid laboratory technician license
● High School Diploma or GED
● Certified in phlebotomy
● Experience working with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
● 2 years experience preferred