At Headlands Research, we are building the best clinical trial company in the world. We’re an exceptional family of next-generation clinical trial sites, integrating cutting edge technology and high-quality support services, and significantly expanding participant outreach and participation. Founded in 2018, our company is in high growth mode; we operate 15 clinical trial sites in the US and Canada and have rapid expansion plans. You can read more about us at headlandsresearch.com.
The candidate filling this role will be based in South Florida. This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Drive the strategic vision and growth strategy for oncology research studies
- Lead HEOR business and team for oncology
- Build and manage a strong team of clinical researchers who work on oncology
- Provide oversight of studies in area of responsibility
- Execute studies in area of oncology
- Work with Headlands leadership and other GenesisCare business units to support innovation and expand service offerings in the oncology area
- Participate in leadership operations
- Present in public forums on key topics of expertise
- Manage complex Phase 1, 2, 3, and 4 clinical trials as part of a clinical operations team
- Support business development and pharmaceutical and device manufacturer client needs
- Responsible for individual site goals, financial performance, quality assurance, oversight and contracted patient enrollment
- Assess staffing needs and hiring/recruitment of research staff required to support area of responsibility
- Resource and oversee execution of studies within your area of responsibility
- Monitor patient enrollment through weekly and monthly reporting, identify opportunities and develop action plans as necessary to increase patient accrual and physician engagement
- Assist in the creation, development and execution of SOPs
- Manage and advance team members’ professional development
- Advance dissemination of results via accurate data entry, reports, and conference presentations
- Coordinate with other intercompany resources to support your business
- Oversee project teams and manage study budgets and timelines
- Mentor and train new research staff as needed
- Assist in the creation and support of internal and external strategies and tactical plans for site growth
- Develop and implement diversity and inclusion strategies
- 5+ years of research experience in various disease areas and with pharmaceutical and device therapies
- 3+ years of project management experience
- 2+ years of experience in oncology research
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated experience in management of teams across multiple functional areas
- Ability to travel regionally in South Florida and to 1 or 2 conferences per year
- The ideal candidate brings working knowledge and progressive leadership experience relative to oncology clinical research operations
- Research Professional Certification
- Experience with electronic source and CTMS systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships both internally and externally
- Understands data thoroughly and works in a “hands-on” manner with clinician researchers and research teams throughout all phases of studies
- Conveys thoughts in a clear, concise, and accurate manner. Listens carefully and asks questions when necessary to ensure understanding. Provides clear input and direction to internal study teams. Capitalizes on opportunities to provide direct report with on-going professional and developmental feedback
- Conveys findings in a clear, concise, and accurate manner with appropriate formality and grammar. Monitor quality and consistency of deliverables in area of responsibility
- Uses computer hardware and software as productivity tools in performing work-related tasks. Enters information into company-required tracking programs with minimal outside assistance.
- Provides customers with prompt, complete, and accurate information. Quickly identifies needs and follows through on commitments made. Maintains a high energy level when interacting with customers. Demonstrates professionalism and presents a positive image of the company. Looks for continuing opportunities to be consultative to help advance client’s business objectives.
- Identifies personal career development. Seeks additional training and assistance with additional responsibilities and feedback on performance.
- Plans work effectively to meet goals and ensure timely completion of assignments. Manages time effectively. Consistently meets timelines. Proactively notifies other members of the leadership team of any difficulties with balancing workload and of assistance needed for direct reports.
- Demonstrates ability to make sound decisions. Focuses on resolving problems and makes decisions in a timely manner. Promptly notifies project team, direct reports, leadership (as appropriate) of the problem and any decisions made.
- Maintains positive relationships with colleagues. Demonstrates honesty and integrity in dealing with others. Resolves conflicts with others promptly and effectively. Accepts constructive feedback
- Demonstrates commitment, dedication, cooperation, positive behavior, adaptability and flexibility with changes in responsibilities and duties.