At Headlands Research, we are building the best clinical trial company in the world. We’re an exceptional family of next-generation clinical trial sites, integrating cutting edge technology and high-quality support services, and significantly expanding participant outreach and participation. Founded in 2018, our company is in high growth mode; we operate 15 clinical trial sites in the US and Canada and have rapid expansion plans. You can read more about us at headlandsresearch.com.
This role will be based in Orlando, FL, and is a 3-6 month Contractor position.
The Technical Writer is responsible for documenting procedures owned by the finance team. This includes day to day processes and procedures, system utilization, and site responsibilities. The contractor will be tasked with shadowing finance team members, site employees, CRIO system use, and the manager, with the ability to translate duties into technical documents. This role will have a final deliverable of compiling and designing training documents, a manual to be used by new hires, and a one true source for procedure reference. This position requires strong technical writing, organization, and time management skills, as well as excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Accurately record verbal conversations and shadowing observations into written reference and training documents.
- Draft on-the-job training items, to support the learning and digesting of full training manual.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts across Finance and site locations, utilizing the ability to communicate with multiple
- Document the rationale for processes and procedures, to enhance learning retention.
- Produce final technical training manual to include processes, procedures, screenshots, and other best-in-class learning tools
- Facilitates document reviews and approvals by the team and leaders.
- Keeps management informed about progress and sends out weekly reports
- Experience writing standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrated experience creating work flows/training manuals/reference materials
- Ability to transcribe and communicate with diverse
- Can manage time and various means of information gathering to meet deadline
- Proficient with standard Microsoft Office software applications
- Experience collaborating with team members
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively