At Headlands Research, we are building the best clinical trial company in the world. We’re an exceptional family of next-generation clinical trial sites, integrating cutting edge technology and high-quality support services, and significantly expanding participant outreach and participation. Founded in 2018, our company is in high growth mode; we already operate fifteen clinical trial sites in the US and Canada, with more to come.
This position is preferably based at our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area, however we will consider other (remote) West Coast locations within the PST time zone. You can read more about us at headlandsresearch.com.
We're looking for an experienced and energized accounting professional to add depth to our finance infrastructure. We’re a rapidly growing company and we need an individual who has the skills and horsepower to scale with us.
You’re a licensed CPA and know your accounting principles cold. You have both public and private accounting experience and have been through an audit or two. You’re pretty good at everything, but really good at the details — and you’re relentless about following up. You’re a self-starter who needs limited supervision. You enjoy building new systems and working in a matrix environment. You enjoy internal controls work and you have the patience to bring the operations folks into the fold. You love coming to work every day. And most importantly, you care deeply about teamwork and adding value.
- Manage month-end, quarter-end, and annual close processes, including the development of close procedures that ensure timely and accurate consolidated financial results in accordance with US GAAP
- Monthly consolidation of 9 entities and growing
- Coordinate information requests from audit and tax firms
- Oversee implementation of ASC 606 across subsidiaries
- Developing and implementing scalable financial controls
- Consolidate annual budgets and forecasts
- Team lead on transition from QBO to ERP system
- Accounting transition lead for new acquisitions
- Corporate entity accounting lead
In your first six months you will:
- Work with the Corporate Controller to select and implement an ERP system
- Implement ASC 606
- Document existing internal controls by entity, and develop financial policy and procedure documentation.
- Learn about the Company and provide timely consolidated financial statements.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA license
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting, financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting, cash flow and auditing
- 7+ years of experience in accounting and finance
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Must have strong ERP system skills
- Must have strong Excel skills
- Ability to be a team player and mentor others
- Experience working in a matrix organizational structure
- Must be highly reliable with an ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills required
- Respects and maintains confidentiality of all financial information
- Ability to multi-task, manage projects, and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel approximately 10%