At Headlands Research, we are building the best clinical trial company in the world. We are an exceptional family of next-generation clinical trial sites, integrating cutting edge technology and high-quality support services, and significantly expanding participant outreach and participation. Founded in 2018, our company is in high growth mode; we operate 14 clinical trial sites in the US and Canada and have rapid expansion plans.
This new Senior Accountant role will be based in SE Houston, TX (Clear Lake City / Friendswood / Webster / League City) and is a full-time position.
You can read more about us at headlandsresearch.com.
Headlands Research/Centex Studies is looking for a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will work closely with our Controller and be a crucial part of the finance team (currently has 3 people). The ideal person has worked in a small, fast-paced environment before and can pivot easily between projects while having a high level of attention to detail. We are also looking for a team player, someone who can identify ways to improve processes and provide solutions, and who has a positive attitude.
● Accurately and timely prepares journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations for monthly, quarterly, and annual close as assigned
● Ensure all internal control processes and key controls are appropriately executed
● Prepares financial analysis in response to questions from management regarding the above items
● Coordinates with various departments (Legal, Payroll, HR, Accounts Payable, Corporate Accounting, etc.) to obtain information and ensure appropriate accounting treatment
● Reviews activity in general ledger accounts for accurate coding and accounting treatment
● Assists in the preparation of external audit requests
● Prepares written variance explanations for changes in financial statement line items and general ledger accounts
● Serves as a mentor and backup to staff members within the accounting department
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
● Five (5) plus years of progressive accounting experience
● Proficient in Microsoft Excel
● Knowledge of U.S. GAAP theory and practice
● Quickbooks Online experience
● Ability to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple competing tasks
● Ability to clearly communicate in writing and orally
● High attention to detail and level of accuracy