Our best-in-class digital PreK-12 mindsets-based learning curriculum combined with transformative professional learning, expert coaching, and more, is designed to drive student well-being and achievement, healthy school cultures, and educator happiness and retention. Learn more about our company’s mission, vision, and commitment to our students, educators, and school communities. We are hiring a Software Engineer, reporting to our VP of Engineering.
You’re an analytical problem-solver ready to put your skills toward purposeful work that has a global impact. You want to lead the way in innovation, exploring the latest technologies and finding new solutions. You thrive in a collaborative environment and are eager to work with and learn alongside the best in Product, Technology, and Engineering.
We are looking for an energetic, optimistic and independent individual who is passionate about driving increased access to high quality mindsets-based education. The ideal candidate is -oriented, hands-on technical leader who has a board knowledge of the modern data engineering stack, balances a long-term mindset with a pragmatic focus on near-term delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write, test, and revise code for our applications
- Design and architect solutions for new products
- Reproduce and debug defects found within the applications
- Assist with the deployment of completed projects
- Work with the product team to ensure your code meets their expectations
- Research and incorporate latest technologies
- Participate in code reviews, welcoming constructive feedback provided by the reviewer
- Document your work to ensure team members can follow your process
- Optimize applications for maximum speed, scalability, and usability.
- Collaborate with the UX/UI designers to translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
The primary qualification is that you are a strong critical thinker and are a particularly good programmer. Successful candidates have some (or all) of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science
- 2 years of experience with Git or other versioning/repository software
- 2 years of experience with relational and non-relational databases
- 2 years of experience using cloud technologies such as AWS
- Familiarity with server less architectures
- DevOps experience (CI/CD tools, Docker, etc.) a plus
- WordPress experience a plus
- Experience with all major operating systems
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Agile development methodologies is a plus.
- Strong understanding of software development principles, data structures, algorithms, and system design.
- No offshore applicants – seeking domestic engineers only