Job Vacancy : Staff Accountant
Date: November 2023
Location: Oak Ridge, (TN), Madison (WI), or Boston (MA)
Salary: Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
About Type One Energy
At Type One Energy we believe that our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to creating a positive and supportive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected. We value diversity, inclusion, and equity, and are committed to providing our employees with the resources and opportunities they need to succeed
The company was formed in 2019 by a team of globally-recognized fusion scientists with a strong track record of building state-of-art stellarator fusion machines, together with veteran business leaders experienced in successfully scaling companies and commercializing energy technologies.
Type One Energy applies proven advanced manufacturing methods, modern computational physics and high-field superconducting magnets to develop its optimized stellarator fusion energy system. Its FusionDirect development program pursues the lowest-risk, shortest-schedule path to a fusion power plant over the coming decade, using a partner-intensive and capital-efficient strategy. For more information, visit https://www.typeoneenergy.com/
About the role
Type One Energy is seeking a Staff Accountant with expertise in accounting, treasury services, purchasing, payables and receivables. In this role you will support the full suite of accounting functions for a growing team of scientists, engineers and corporate management.
You will be responsible for working as part of a team as well as independently to develop and enforce company business policies and procedures providing support to the CFO and the accounting team in building out the Financial and Accounting group.
· Treasury services – regular maintenance of relationships with four financial institutions ensuring adequate balances in accounts to cover obligations while optimizing interest earned on MMAs.
· Managing routine fraud alerts from financial institutions to ensure the accuracy of any payments and the assessment of any fraud related activities
· Management of the T1E debit card.
· Setting up of all payees in the system for either ACH or wires. Regular interaction on behalf of T1E leaders on a variety of treasury services.
· Payables –payment of all T1E obligations in the form of invoices requiring ACH or wire payments of our contract staff and vendors. Ensuring adequate management approval prior to payment as well as tracking of approved payments
· Support on purchases – daily interaction with staff to determine how to engage with a vendor (debit card; PO; contract; other)
· Tracking costs to budget – quarterly reporting of costs against established Type One Energy budget. Support to the CFO in maintaining/updating the budget.
· Management of TriNet expense module administration – ensuring the settings are correct and approved expenses are released to payroll.
· Engage with Chief People Officer on administration of TriNet payroll, benefits and time off modules.
· Reconciling T1E current accounting software – working with the accounting firm to ensure transactions posted in our bank account are mapped in our accounting software consistent with budget categories.
· Ensuring our bank accounts are linked to our accounting software to automate the download of transactions. Working with accounting firm on the categories of cost to align as closely as possible with the T1E budget.
· Support the CFO in the establishment and migration of a new accounting system internal to Type One Energy.
· Prepare invoices for Type One Energy Group to receive payment on awarded grants from agencies such as the Department of Energy.
· Quarterly financial reporting in response to investor. requirements
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business, finance or accounting; CPA preferred.
· Proficiency in business software programs as well as Microsoft office programs.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· At least 1-3 years experience in finance and accounting.
Equality of Opportunity
Type One Energy is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this fantastic position please visit our website at www.typeoneenergy.com/careers