Job Vacancy : Financial Analyst
Date: September 2023
Location: Oak Ridge (TN), Madison (WI) or Boston (MA)
Salary: Competitive Plus Benefits
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
About Type One Energy
The company was formed in 2019 by a team of globally-recognized fusion scientists with a strong track record of building state-of-art stellarator fusion machines, together with veteran business leaders experienced in successfully scaling companies and commercializing energy technologies.
Type One Energy applies proven advanced manufacturing methods, modern computational physics and high-field superconducting magnets to develop its optimized stellarator fusion energy system. Its FusionDirect development program pursues the lowest-risk, shortest-schedule path to a fusion power plant over the coming decade, using a partner-intensive and capital-efficient strategy. For more information, visit https://www.typeoneenergy.com/
About the role
Type One Energy is seeking a Financial Analyst with modeling and quantitative data analysis and evaluation skills to play a vital role in the financial aspects of our pioneering fusion technology. You will leverage your proficiency in financial modeling and quantitative analysis to help contribute to the financial decision making of the company.
You will develop and maintain complex financial models that incorporate technical, and market variables ensuring accurate forecasting for our FusionDirect development program. The role will also include working with the Finance team on any investor/potential investor due diligence requests, questions or required quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Cashflow forecasting and modeling.
- Forward looking (1yr, 3yr, 5yr) assessment and evaluation of all costs to ascertain cash uses and sources for the business.
- Any corporate forecasting on revenues, costs, and valuation models.
- Investor engagement through review and organization of NDAs, meetings, and follow ups.
- Contribute to the creation of scenario-based financial models that evaluate potential outcomes and their financial implications, aiding in strategic planning and risk mitigation.
- Interpret and communicate financial findings to senior leadership team.
- Generate comprehensive financial reports, presentations, and dashboards to communicate insights to senior management and support strategic discussions.
- Work closely with technical and research teams to ensure alignment between financial goals and scientific objectives, fostering a collaborative environment.
- Stay informed about developments in fusion technology, energy markets, and related financial trends to provide informed financial perspectives.
- Participation in industry conferences, including investment related ones.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or a related field.
· 0-2 years work experience in financial analysis and/or investment evaluation.
· Proficiency in financial modelling using tools such as Excel.
· Strong quantitative skills, with the ability to analyse and interpret complex datasets.
· Interest or familiarity with energy markets, renewable technologies, or fusion technology is advantageous.
· Exceptional communication skills to convey financial insights to non-technical stakeholders.
· Detail-oriented mindset, coupled with critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
· Relevant internships, coursework, or projects showcasing financial modelling and quantitative skills are beneficial.
Equality of Opportunity
Type One Energy is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this fantastic position please visit our website at www.typeoneenergy.com/careers.