Location: 1140 West Pender St, Suite 440 Vancouver, BC, V6E 0A2, Canada
Salary: Base salary of Canadian $150,000 to $185,000 per year based on work experience, plus discretionary bonus of up to 15% of base salary.
Hours: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Contract Type: Permanent
Language of Work: English
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
About Type One Energy
The company was formed in 2019 by a team of globally-recognized fusion scientists with a strong track record of building state-of-art stellarator fusion machines, together with veteran business leaders experienced in successfully scaling companies and commercializing energy technologies.
Type One Energy applies proven advanced manufacturing methods, modern computational physics and high-field superconducting magnets to develop its optimized stellarator fusion energy system. Its FusionDirect development program pursues the lowest-risk, shortest-schedule path to a fusion power plant over the coming decade, using a partner-intensive and capital-efficient strategy. For more information, visit https://www.typeoneenergy.com/
About the role
Type One Energy is seeking a Fusion Scientist for the development of key technologies for the confinement and exhaust of a net-energy-producing stellarator fusion power plant. The job focuses on optimizing the geometry of the plasma-facing components to ensure an adequate combination of plasma performance, efficient and safe exhaust, and a long lifetime of the plasma-facing components.
· Modeling the physical processes describing the edge region of a fusion plasma.
· Optimizing the geometry of the plasma-facing components to ensure an adequate combination of plasma performance
· Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of physicists, engineers, and scientists to integrate plasma-facing component designs into the overall stellarator fusion power plant.
· Ensure that the design and optimization processes adhere to safety standards and regulatory requirements.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· The candidate must have a PhD in plasma physics or a closely related field.
Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience post PhD
· Experience with modeling of the interaction the outflowing edge plasma in a stellarator, and the material components surrounding it.
· Experience with stellarator-relevant codes such as EMC3-EIRENE, VMEC, and VMEC-Extender.
· Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary research environment and contribute to team goals.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively convey technical concepts to diverse audiences.
· Four weeks of paid vacation per year.
· Life and accidental death insurance.
· Long term disability cover
Equality of Opportunity
Type One Energy is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening,. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
1140 West Pender St, Suite 440 Vancouver, BC, V6E 0A2, Canada
Telephone: +1 608 616 5965 Extn. 2