Job Vacancy : Head of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Community Engagement
Location:Madison (WI), Oak Ridge (TN)
Salary: Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Head of People
About Type One Energy
The company was formed in 2019 by a team of globally-recognized fusion scientists with a strong track record of building state-of-art stellarator fusion machines, together with veteran business leaders experienced in successfully scaling companies and commercializing energy technologies.
Type One Energy applies proven advanced manufacturing methods, modern computational physics and high-field superconducting magnets to develop its optimized stellarator fusion energy system. Its FusionDirect development program pursues the lowest-risk, shortest-schedule path to a fusion power plant over the coming decade, using a partner-intensive and capital-efficient strategy. For more information, visit https://www.typeoneenergy.com/
Join us at Type One Energy in our mission to create a sustainable energy future that prioritizes diversity, equity, inclusion, and community engagement. If you are an enthusiastic and dedicated individual committed to making a positive impact, we welcome you to apply for this role and be part of our dynamic team.
About the role
As the Head of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Community Engagement at Type One Energy, you will play a pivotal role in advancing our company's commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and strengthening community relationships. Your primary focus will be to develop and implement strategies that promote Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) within our organization and drive meaningful community engagement efforts. By collaborating with internal teams and external stakeholders, you will ensure that our energy initiatives are socially responsible, inclusive, and aligned with the values and aspirations of local communities.
· Collaborate with HR and leadership to develop and implement comprehensive DEI strategies, policies, and action plans into the fabric of the organization.
· Promote a culture of inclusion and equity within and across the organization through training, workshops, and awareness campaigns.
· Monitor and measure the implementation, effectiveness and sustainability of DEI, providing regular reports to management and C-Suite leadership.
· Cultivate strong relationships with community leaders, organizations, and residents to understand their perspectives and energy-related needs.
· Coordinate community engagement events, workshops, and forums to gather input and feedback on energy projects and initiatives.
· Partner with internal team members to facilitate communication between the company and community stakeholders to address concerns and foster positive relationships.
· Support the integration of environmental justice principles into energy planning and decision-making.
· Identify opportunities for the company to make a positive impact on marginalized communities through socially responsible projects and initiatives.
· Collaborate with environmental and sustainability teams to ensure equitable and sustainable outcomes in energy projects.
· Engage with government agencies, NGOs, and other stakeholders to align company initiatives with regional and national DEI and community engagement goals.
· Represent the company in external forums, conferences, and events related to DEIA, community engagement, and energy industry sustainability.
· Research, develop, recommend, and execute creative strategies to foster the organization’s DEI goals.
· Review current practices and policies, assessing and analyzing the extent to which they support or hinder the company’s DEI goals.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Human Resources, Social Sciences, Environmental Studies, Community Development, or a related discipline. A Master's degree is a plus.
· Diversity Certification highly preferred.
· SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
· Proven years of related experience, preferably directly related to DEI.
· Proven years of progressive experience in developing solutions and implementing strategies with focus on diversity and cross-cultural resource efforts in an organization with diverse constituencies.
· Proven experience in driving DEI and community engagement initiatives, preferably within the energy industry or a related field.
· Understanding of environmental justice principles and the social impacts of energy projects.
· Excellent organization, communication, time management, conflict resolution and facilitation skills to build relationships with diverse stakeholders.
· Maintains knowledge of DEI best practices, regulations, and industry trends.
· Passionate about sustainability, DEI and community engagement
Equality of Opportunity
Type One Energy is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this fantastic position and for more information please visit our website at www.typeoneenergy.com/careers.