Job Vacancy : Systems Engineer
Date: October 2023
Location: Madison (WI), Oak Ridge (TN), Boston (MA) or Vancouver (BC)
Salary: Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
About Type One Energy
At Type One Energy we believe that our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to creating a positive and supportive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected. We value diversity, inclusion, and equity, and are committed to providing our employees with the resources and opportunities they need to succeed
The company was formed in 2019 by a team of globally-recognized fusion scientists with a strong track record of building state-of-art stellarator fusion machines, together with veteran business leaders experienced in successfully scaling companies and commercializing energy technologies.
Type One Energy applies proven advanced manufacturing methods, modern computational physics and high-field superconducting magnets to develop its optimized stellarator fusion energy system. Its FusionDirect development program pursues the lowest-risk, shortest-schedule path to a fusion power plant over the coming decade, using a partner-intensive and capital-efficient strategy. For more information, visit https://www.typeoneenergy.com/
About the role
Type One Energy Group is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to support an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach in the development of a new fusion energy system. This will require experience in technical planning, functional analysis, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk analyses for new first-of-a-kind technologies. This person will work closely with the scientific and engineering teams to transfer functions and product needs into verified specifications that result in a Technology Roadmap, Preliminary Designs, and required Work Plans to bring the preferred design into being. The Systems Engineer will support physics, engineering, manufacturing, and project management by performing the following duties:
· Performs functional analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate functional and performance requirements into hardware and software specifications.
· Performs analyses at all levels of total system product development including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance.
· Creates procedures for and ensures proper configuration management of detailed Technical Baselines.
· Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of functional requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost goals.
· Supports the creation of Programmatic Baselines (WBS, Schedule, and Cost) by providing the complete set of baselined technical requirements.
· Establishes and leads required risk management program.
· Demonstrates attention to detail and develops and maintains accurate documentation.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- MS or BS in Engineering or a similar field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience with design of complex systems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with System Design methodologies, including the application of Genesys, Cradle, and/or DOORS software tools for overall system design and requirements management.
- Demonstrated experience in completing Conceptual and Preliminary Designs through preparation, and analysis, of Functions, Requirements, Architectures, Interfaces, Design documentation, and Test Verification documentation.
- Nuclear or fusion energy experience is a plus.
Equality of Opportunity
Type One Energy is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.