Looking for a fast-paced, creative and innovative work environment in the rapidly growing GRC and information security markets? You are in the right place. We are always seeking bright, talented, passionate and dedicated individuals to join our rapidly expanding family. The IT Support Intern will learn and assist team members in supporting Lockpath’s IT processes. This position requires a willingness to help others, a willingness to learn new things and an advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Research, resolution or escalation of problem tickets escalated to the team.
- Troubleshooting of business processes or data failures in various systems.
- Learning new processes and creating documentation.
- Deploying, configuring and repairing end-user systems.
- Follow-up with internal and external business partners.
- End-user support and training.
Qualifications and Experience
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in the following area(s): Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or Business Administration.
- Junior or Senior year in college.
- Must be able to apply critical thinking to solve customer problems.
- Exhibit calmness under pressure.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Skilled in diagnosis of technical issues.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Working experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability and ability to learn quickly in high-pressure environments.
- Ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to contribute as an effective team member.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Embodies an enthusiastic and helpful attitude.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows desktop operating systems.
- Ability to work 25-30 hours per week Monday - Friday for 12 weeks (In Overland Park, KS).
- Previous experience in a help desk role a huge plus.
Lockpath believes that
all people are entitled to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate
against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, age,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin,
physical or mental disability or on any other characteristic protected by state
or federal law.