Are you an experienced Data Scientist in the marketing realm who relishes the fast-pace and flexibility of a start-up? Would you enjoy making a difference with our digital health product that serves to better the lives of patients with cancer? If so, we have the job for you!
OncoHealth is a leading digital health company dedicated to helping health plans, employers, providers, patients and life science researchers navigate the physical, mental and financial complexities of cancer through technology enabled services and real-world data analytics. By partnering with leading health plans across the US, we are collaborating to deliver next generation, mobile first solutions.
About the Role
The Senior Marketing Data Scientist is responsible for building out and maintaining an ongoing organizational marketing analytics strategy for the digital health product, including the use of advanced analytics methodologies.
- Partner with the Product and Technology teams to identify useful sources, design pipelines, and create storage solutions for the necessary marketing data
- Set a strategic direction for data identification, collection, and qualification activities
- Develop new and enhance existing data collection procedures to ensure that all data relevant for analyses is captured
- Cleanse, consolidate, and verify the integrity of data used in analyses
- Master and own the analytical understanding of customer behavior and business performance
- Conduct value-added analysis and problem-solving with a focus on hypothesis-driven analysis and interpretation
- Perform advanced/predictive analytics to better understand the value and churn behavior of our users
- Help find data focused methods to quantify and increase patient engagement and enrollment
- Work with product to understand the effectiveness of marketing channels to patient enrollment
- Master and own the development of recommender system for the mentor program
- Work with business stakeholders to define business requirements
- Lead development of recommendation system using advanced machine learning techniques
- Conduct research initiatives into methodologies that will enhance current models and power future personalization features
- Consult with other teams to productionize analytics workflows
- Inculcate best practices, help with model interpretation, and promote a culture of machine learning competency throughout the firm
- Support the organization to make data-driven decisions with data that is accurate and actionable
- Oversee, rationalize, and coordinate the implementation of machine learning models into close to real time production
- Create and manage monitoring process to ensure continued model performance and accuracy
- Maintain data governance that supports good data but is not onerous
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience required. Advanced degree in a quantitative subject (e.g., statistics, mathematics, engineering) preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience in data analytics with and deriving insights from disparate, large data sets or relevant educational attainment required.
- 2-3 years of experience building recommender systems or engagement models required.
- Experience productionizing and monitoring real-time models required. Digital health experience preferred.
- Statistical analysis techniques (e.g. linear/logistic regression, cluster analysis, significance testing, factor analysis, ANCOVA).
- Significant computing and programming experience using statistical packages to extract, manipulate and analyze internal and third-party data (i.e. Python, R).
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability.
- Python, Spark, SQL, Azure proficiency
About the Location
We are open to remote employees, but living in the Eastern or Central Time Zones is helpful!
Taking ownership of quick action, critically thinking through the needs, and working well with others are key competencies of team member success. Our leadership is dedicated to building a culture based on respect, clinical excellence, innovation – all with a focused mission of putting patients first!
We offer a full benefits package on your first day, along with a company bonus and equity so you can experience the value of our growth along with the rest of the team. You will work from (or visit) our very modern and engaging offices, and experience a fun, collaborative environment where social activities and community events matter. We enjoy being together!
The cost of cancer related medical services and prescription drugs in the United States is expected to reach $246 billion by 2030. OncoHealth has enjoyed rapid growth over the past 3 years and seeks smart, collaborative people to join its team. We have just under 200 team members, so we can move swiftly but precisely to the market needs of our customers. Strongly backed financially by leading healthcare equity partners, we remain in an investment mode. This means we are open-minded to how we get the work done – now is the perfect time to talk to us!
Our Current Solutions
Through the use of OncoHealth's utilization management system, OneUM, our customers can use a single e-Prior Authorization portal for all oncology drug request and treatments. Our system improves quality of care, reduces provider abrasion and gives health plans visibility into the total cost of oncology treatment.
OncoHealth offers Oncology Insights Pro, an analytic software solution that enables health plans to use data and analytics to improve oncology programs. Using real world data, our engineers normalize data to create analytic dashboards with drill down compatibilities. The data is the paired with expert guidance providing the strategies an insight needed to keep up with the continuing evolving cancer treatment landscape.
OncoHealth offers Pharmacy Consulting services to health plans and pharmaceutical companies. New cancer treatments are entering the market at an unrelenting pace. Since 2018, the FDA approved 121 new cancer applications including 49 novel cancer drug entities. Our Board-Certified Oncology Pharmacologists can help health plans update drug policies, offer utilization management and formulary advice, and development training for staff.
Our digital health solution is coming soon. Stay tuned!