Are you excited about the potential for digital tools to transform the lives of patients with cancer? Do you enjoy collaborating with a talented team of clinicians, engineers, data scientists, and product managers to bring new products and services to life? If so, we are looking for you!
OncoHealth is a leading digital health company dedicated to helping health plans, employers, providers, patients and life science researchers navigate the physical, mental and financial complexities of cancer through technology enabled services and real-world data analytics. By partnering with leading health plans across the US, we are collaborating to deliver next generation, mobile first solutions.
About the Role
The Senior Clinical Informaticist is responsible for leveraging existing OncoHealth assets to develop and operationalize a clinical analytics infrastructure for OncoHealth products.
- You will provide analytical expertise required to directly support clinical, business, and other strategic and operational priorities
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive data model including data elements required by the business, linkages to industry standard ontologies, and optimal data sources
- Collaborate extensively to ensure maximal leverage of existing OncoHealth data and analytics infrastructure
- Own patient stratification efforts relying on traditional and non-traditional data elements (i.e. demographic, customer segmentation, clinical, financial, social determinants and other variables)
- Combine different data domains such as clinical, socioeconomic, demographic, claim and behavioral data to better understand patient risk profiles such as mortality, healthcare cost and utilization
- Work closely with analytics R&D team as clinical expert to build and design algorithms
- Follow best practice for data quality and governance
- Ensure collection of high-quality data
- Provide quality assurance of data and results
- Embed proper security protocols within all data, workflows, and reports
- Engage in code reviews and process improvement exercises
- Operationalize results by collaborating extensively to drive customer experience, improve clinical/operational/engineering workflows, identify trends and interventions, and track growth and value-based performance
- Work with Product, Technology, Marketing and Clinical to embed analytics into operations workflow
- Partner with client analytics counterparts as necessary on patient stratification and value reporting measures
- Champion data science and spearhead research design and statistical analysis
- Master’s in technical field – biostatistics, epidemiology, or relevant field is required. Clinical degree (RN, PharmD, MD) preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience working with healthcare data.
- Deep knowledge of medical billing and coding, claims, and EMR data.
- Well-versed in health data coding systems and terminologies, such as ICD, CPT, NDC, SNOMED, LOINC, and the like, including oncology-specific ontologies (eg, ICD-O, CTCAE) and data models (eg, mCODE, OMOP).
- Familiarity with oncology pharmaceuticals and oncology clinical workflows strongly preferred.
- Understanding of statistical analysis techniques (e.g., linear/logistic regression, cluster analysis, significance testing, factor analysis, ANCOVA) required.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to easily explain complex ideas to non-technical audience.
- MS Excel and SQL Developer/Report Writer are required. Python preferred.
About the Location
We are open to remote employees, but living in the Eastern or Central Time Zones is helpful!
Taking ownership of quick action, critically thinking through the needs, and working well with others are key competencies of team member success. Our leadership is dedicated to building a culture based on respect, clinical excellence, innovation – all with a focused mission of putting patients first!
We offer a full benefits package on your first day, along with a company bonus and equity so you can experience the value of our growth along with the rest of the team. You will work from (or visit) our very modern and engaging offices, and experience a fun, collaborative environment where social activities and community events matter. We enjoy being together!
The cost of cancer related medical services and prescription drugs in the United States is expected to reach $246 billion by 2030. OncoHealth has enjoyed rapid growth over the past 3 years and seeks smart, collaborative people to join its team. We have just under 200 team members, so we can move swiftly but precisely to the market needs of our customers. Strongly backed financially by leading healthcare equity partners, we remain in an investment mode. This means we are open-minded to how we get the work done – now is the perfect time to talk to us!
Our Current Solutions
Through the use of OncoHealth's utilization management system, OneUM, our customers can use a single e-Prior Authorization portal for all oncology drug request and treatments. Our system improves quality of care, reduces provider abrasion and gives health plans visibility into the total cost of oncology treatment.
OncoHealth offers Oncology Insights Pro, an analytic software solution that enables health plans to use data and analytics to improve oncology programs. Using real world data, our engineers normalize data to create analytic dashboards with drill down compatibilities. The data is the paired with expert guidance providing the strategies an insight needed to keep up with the continuing evolving cancer treatment landscape.
OncoHealth offers Pharmacy Consulting services to health plans and pharmaceutical companies. New cancer treatments are entering the market at an unrelenting pace. Since 2018, the FDA approved 121 new cancer applications including 49 novel cancer drug entities. Our Board-Certified Oncology Pharmacologists can help health plans update drug policies, offer utilization management and formulary advice, and development training for staff.
Our digital health solution is coming soon. Stay tuned!