Are you a tech-savvy oncology nurse with an interest in helping to build a new digital health service for cancer patients? Do you have experience delivering care to cancer patients virtually? What about managing a small team of oncology nurses? If this describes you, apply now to join our team!
OncoHealth is a leading digital health company dedicated to helping health plans, employers, providers, patients and life science researchers navigate the physical, mental and financial complexities of cancer through technology enabled services and real-world data analytics. By partnering with leading health plans across the US, we are collaborating to deliver next generation, mobile first solutions.
About the Role
The Oncology Registered Nurse participates as part of an interdisciplinary care team to apply oncology clinical skills and expertise to delivery of digital health solutions. This role is responsible for delivery of virtual evidence-based patient and caregiver engagement and education, and interactions with the primary provider, among others.
- You will apply nursing processes and skills to actively engaged patients
- Leverage internal guidelines and processes to determine most appropriate disposition of care during patient encounter
- Provide education and clinical guidance to patients during encounters and through digital platform
- Document patient encounter in accordance with internal standards
- Coordinate and communicate with internal and external teams regarding specifics of encounter, intervention provided, disposition and outcome
- Follow-up with patients as appropriate based on encounter outcome
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational policies and procedures related to Clinical Operations
- Create and maintain content
- Promote improved quality of care and assure appropriate levels of care are received by patients
- Support monitoring and synthesis of patient activities to determine opportunities for engagement
- Critically analyze patient cases to determine potential role for nursing related interventions
- Identify specific patient scenarios requiring increased clinical support and or education
- Develop plan for delivery of clinically related education
- Serve as a resource to non-clinical team members
- Ensure care delivered by interdisciplinary and non-clinical team members is clinically appropriate
- Provide feedback to Nurse Leader and Clinical Director regarding insights from interdisciplinary team meetings, patient engagements, etc.
- Identify opportunities to improve service delivery efficiency, quality, safety, etc.
- Support internal maintenance and evolution of clinical service practice guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the Science of Nursing is required
- Must have current Registered Nurse licensure
- Certification with Oncology Nursing Society strongly preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in direct patient oncology care
- Telehealth and or digital health experience strongly preferred
- MS Office Proficiency (PowerPoint, Excel, MS Teams
- Public speaking proficiency
- Education minded and ability to teach others at any level in a practical manner. Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills needed to obtain clinical information for assessment required
- Must be able to promote cost-effective medical outcomes
About the Location
We are open to remote work preferably in the Eastern or Central times zone.
Taking ownership of quick action, critically thinking through the needs, and working well with others are key competencies of team member success. Our leadership is dedicated to building a culture based on respect, clinical excellence, innovation – all with a focused mission of putting patients first!
We offer a full benefits package starting on your first day, along with a company bonus and equity so you can experience the value of our growth along with the rest of the team. You will work from (or visit) our very modern and engaging offices, and experience a fun, collaborative environment where social activities and community events matter. We enjoy being together!
The cost of cancer related medical services and prescription drugs in the United States is expected to reach $246 billion by 2030. OncoHealth has enjoyed rapid growth over the past 3 years and seeks smart, collaborative people to join its team. We have just under 200 team members, so we can move swiftly but precisely to the market needs of our customers. Strongly backed financially by leading healthcare equity partners, we remain in an investment mode. This means we are open-minded to how we get the work done – now is the perfect time to talk to us!
Our Current Solutions
Through the use of OncoHealth's utilization management system, OneUM, our customers can use a single e-Prior Authorization portal for all oncology drug request and treatments. Our system improves quality of care, reduces provider abrasion and gives health plans visibility into the total cost of oncology treatment.
OncoHealth offers Oncology Insights Pro, an analytic software solution that enables health plans to use data and analytics to improve oncology programs. Using real world data, our engineers normalize data to create analytic dashboards with drill down compatibilities. The data is the paired with expert guidance providing the strategies an insight needed to keep up with the continuing evolving cancer treatment landscape.
OncoHealth offers Pharmacy Consulting services to health plans and pharmaceutical companies. New cancer treatments are entering the market at an unrelenting pace. Since 2018, the FDA approved 121 new cancer applications including 49 novel cancer drug entities. Our Board-Certified Oncology Pharmacologists can help health plans update drug policies, offer utilization management and formulary advice, and development training for staff.
Our digital health solution is coming soon. Stay tuned!