OncoHealth is a leading digital health company dedicated to helping health plans, employers, providers, patients and life science researchers navigate the physical, mental and financial complexities of cancer through technology enabled services and real-world data analytics.. Our partnerships with leading life science organizations continuously improve patient care today and advance cancer research through this use of real-world data from over 7 million health plan members in the US and Puerto Rico. The real-world data from our platform covers the full spectrum of therapeutics, across all cancer types and stages, including chemotherapy, radiation therapy, precision medicine, targeted therapy, and supportive care.
About the Role
The Principal Clinical Data Analyst is responsible for helping curate data extracted from raw, unstructured clinical text to create structured analytics-ready datasets. In addition to helping assemble patient-centric datasets for research and analytics, this role will manage and maintain the concept development roadmap specific to unstructured data.
- You will work with the Client Solutions and Natural Language Processing teams to lead and develop specifications for data to be extracted from unstructured text
- Develop methods for validation, curation and standardization of clinical data extracted from unstructured text
- Collaborate with Natural Language Processing team to embed data curation methods into operations workflow per established process
- Develop and/or incorporate and maintain controlled vocabularies that enable consistent standardization of output from NLP/ML processes into structured, analytics-ready datasets
- Establish best practices for documentation and dissemination of information on data curation/validation methods and results, volume trends and impact on data and analytics
- Work closely with our Analytics and Engineering teams to develop data models and create specifications for implementation of models to support our products
- Coach/mentor team members towards adoption of best practices and consistency of approach in data curation, and documentation
- Follow best practice for data quality and governance and ensure high-quality data is collected
- Provide quality assurance of data and results
- Embed proper security protocols within all data, workflows, and reports
- Engage in code reviews and process improvement exercises
- Operationalize results by collaborating with other teams to drive customer experience, improve clinical/operational/engineering workflow, and track growth and value-based performance
- Manage Data Development priorities and expectations for concept development in accordance with data and product roadmap
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- At least 7 years of experience working with healthcare and/or clinical data
- Must have knowledge of clinical, claims, and/or EMR data
- Experience working with unstructured data and/or analyzing clinical data is desired
- Well-versed in health data coding systems and terminologies, such as ICD, CPT, NDC, LOINC, etc.
- Familiarity with Oncology pharmaceuticals preferred
- SQL, Python, Databricks, MS Office Suite advance
About the Location
The majority of your team will be located in the Greater Boston area, however, we are open to remote work preferably in the Eastern or Central times zone.
Taking ownership of quick action, critically thinking through the needs, and working well with others are key competencies of team member success. Our leadership is dedicated to building a culture based on respect, clinical excellence, innovation – all with a focused mission of putting patients first!
We offer a full benefit package starting on your first day, along with a company bonus and equity so you can experience the value of our growth along with the rest of the team. You will work from (or visit) our very modern and engaging offices, and experience a fun, collaborative environment where social activities and community events matter. We enjoy being together!
The cost of cancer related medical services and prescription drugs in the United States is expected to reach $246 billion by 2030. OncoHealth has enjoyed rapid growth over the past 3 years and seeks smart, collaborative people to join its team. We have just under 200 team members, so we can move swiftly but precisely to the market needs of our customers. Strongly backed financially by leading healthcare equity partners, we remain in an investment mode. This means we are open-minded to how we get the work done – now is the perfect time to talk to us!
Our Current Solutions
Through the use of OncoHealth's utilization management system, OneUM, our customers can use a single e-Prior Authorization portal for all oncology drug request and treatments. Our system improves quality of care, reduces provider abrasion and gives health plans visibility into the total cost of oncology treatment.
OncoHealth offers Oncology Insights Pro, an analytic software solution that enables health plans to use data and analytics to improve oncology programs. Using real world data, our engineers normalize data to create analytic dashboards with drill down compatibilities. The data is the paired with expert guidance providing the strategies an insight needed to keep up with the continuing evolving cancer treatment landscape.
OncoHealth offers Pharmacy Consulting services to health plans and pharmaceutical companies. New cancer treatments are entering the market at an unrelenting pace. Since 2018, the FDA approved 121 new cancer applications including 49 novel cancer drug entities. Our Board-Certified Oncology Pharmacologists can help health plans update drug policies, offer utilization management and formulary advice, and development training for staff.
Our digital health solution is coming soon. Stay tuned!