OncoHealth is a leading digital health company dedicated to helping health plans, employers, providers, patients, and life science researchers navigate the physical, mental, and financial complexities of cancer through technology enabled services and real-world data analytics. Through an evidence-based, real-world analytics approach to utilization management, OncoHealth's prior authorization platform is used by health plans and their network physicians to support 7 million health plan members in the US and Puerto Rico.
About the Role
The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining and operating relational and other database technologies. This role performs capacity planning, RDBMS installation, configuration, migration, monitoring, administration, and troubleshooting. Additionally, the Senior Database Administrator consults on database design with development teams and may take on development tasks of their own with stored procedures, ETL, SSIS, .Net (C# programming) and creating reports.
- You will support both MSSQL, MySQL, and Azure Managed Instance database environments in OLTP and OLAP environments, assisting developers in designing/configuring the development, test, and production environments as well as supporting reporting needs
- You will be responsible for managing initial and updated database deployments to cloud-based and/or internal environments
- Monitor development, test, and production environments for performance, stability, security, and cost.
- Deeply proficient in performance tuning of all aspects of the database including implementing maintenance plans and providing insights into long running queries, non-performant processes, and overall database level health
- Responsible for migrating data between environments using SSIS or Azure Data Factory to support growing data needs
- Responsible for maintaining deidentification process of sensitive data and manufacturing of test data as needed
- Perform maintenance, backup and recovery testing, and implementation of all databases. Implement and perform security updates/patches to all database environments
- Mentor and coach developers on MS SQL Database and ETL Development Design and create Stored procedures for supporting application, reporting, or data movement logic Create and update SSIS/ADF and .Net(C#) code to support extraction and movement of data files
- Create documentation using Visio and LucidChart outlining data movement and which tools are being utilized Managed ETL jobs and monitor logs for failed executions whether from SSIS, ADF, or .Net (C#) solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience required
- 4-6 years’ experience in Information Technology, software development, and SQL DBA
- At least 4+ years’ experience in all of the following: on-prem SQL DBAs and/or cloud database solutions such as Azure Managed Instance of SQL Server (2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, etc.)
- Programming languages with Net(C#) and PowerShell preferred. Java, Python and PySpark/SparkSQL are a big plus
- Writing and modifying stored procedures/queries to either improve performance or provide new data sets. 4+ years’ experience with SSIS with SSRS/SSAS preferred
- Must have some experience with MySQL, High Availability, Replication, Security best practices, Service Broker, and private cloud deployments. Cosmos DB, Azure Synapse, or Snowflake preferred. Data Lakes, Delta Lakes, and Azure Data Factory highly preferred
- Must be skilled with analyzing information, software design, software documentation, and testing are required skills, as well as general programming skills and software development fundamentals, development process, and requirements
- Must be comfortable actively writing code
- Must be comfortable with writing and suggesting revisions to data retrieval and transactional data processes