OncoHealth is a leading digital health company dedicated to helping health plans, employers, providers, patients, and life science researchers navigate the physical, mental, and financial complexities of cancer through technology enabled services and real-world data analytics. By partnering with leading health plans across the US, we are collaborating to deliver next generation, mobile first solutions.
About the Role
The Oncology Social Worker participates as part of an interdisciplinary care team to apply oncology clinical skills and expertise to delivery of digital health solutions. This role will provide standard telehealth psychosocial oncology care. The Oncology Social Worker will collaborate with the Mental Health Clinical Director and the Product team for the creation and maintenance of evidence-based patient and caregiver educational content and professional job aids for the social work group. In addition, this role will collaborate with peer mentors and the nursing care team.
- You will deliver be deeply familiar with the emotional needs of cancer patients and their caregivers from diagnosis through survivorship or end-of-life care and understand the nuances of the dynamic cancer care ecosystem in the United States
- Assess patient and family mental health needs and establish care plan accordingly
- Care planning in collaboration with patient, patient family and/or support system, and the clinical team to evaluate each patient plan to ensure attainable goals
- Follow time-limited evidence-based treatment protocols in accordance with product standards
- Use standard psychosocial screening tools to determine patient needs and support measurement metrics to evaluate care
- Deliver consistent patient-centric interventions and track impact on coping and quality of life
- Monitor patient goals through remote tracking
- Provide early and continuous education to patient, family and support systems regarding issues related to palliative care needs
- Provide cancer-related resources to patient and family
- Provide evidence-based family and group psychosocial oncology interventions
- Provide consultation for peer mentors on strategy, motivational interviewing, resources, and referral pathways
- Maintain clinical competency, stay up to date regarding best practices and evidence-based guidelines, continuing education, and licensure requirements
- Actively participate in interdisciplinary team meetings and provide clinical guidance for the product offering
- Monitor patient activities to determine opportunities for engagement
- Collaborate with mental health team and content strategy expert to maintain relevance of materials and share patient insights to support continuous learning and improvement
- Collaborate extensively with internal and external clinical experts, and work with members of the product, engineering, analytics, and marketing teams
- Clearly communicate your knowledge and experience to other members of the internal team with clinical and non-clinical backgrounds
- Contribute to development of education materials for peer mentors
- Master of Social Work and LICSW credentials
- Must have current Social Work License, and Oncology Social Work Certification (OSW-C). Advanced Palliative and Hospice Social Work Certification (APHSW-C) preferred
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in direct patient oncology care or relevant educational attainment required. Telehealth experience strongly preferred
- Public speaking proficiency. Education minded and ability to teach others at any level in a practical manner
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills needed to obtain clinical information for assessment required. Must be able to promote cost-effective psychosocial outcomes
About the Location
We are open to remote work!
Taking ownership of quick action, critically thinking through the needs, and working well with others are key competencies of team member success. Our leadership is dedicated to building a culture based on respect, clinical excellence, innovation – all with a focused mission of putting patients first!
We offer a full benefit package starting on your first day, along with a company bonus and equity so you can experience the value of our growth along with the rest of the team. You will work from (or visit) our very modern and engaging offices, and experience a fun, collaborative environment where social activities and community events matter. We enjoy being together!
The cost of cancer related medical services and prescription drugs in the United States is expected to reach $246 billion by 2030. OncoHealth has enjoyed rapid growth over the past 3 years and seeks smart, collaborative people to join its team. We have just under 200 team members, so we can move swiftly but precisely to the market needs of our customers. Strongly backed financially by leading healthcare equity partners, we remain in an investment mode. This means we are open-minded to how we get the work done – now is the perfect time to talk to us!
Our Current Solutions
Through the use of OncoHealth's utilization management system, OneUM, our customers can use a single e-Prior Authorization portal for all oncology drug request and treatments. Our system improves quality of care, reduces provider abrasion and gives health plans visibility into the total cost of oncology treatment.
OncoHealth offers Oncology Insights Pro, an analytic software solution that enables health plans to use data and analytics to improve oncology programs. Using real world data, our engineers normalize data to create analytic dashboards with drill down compatibilities. The data is the paired with expert guidance providing the strategies an insight needed to keep up with the continuing evolving cancer treatment landscape.
OncoHealth offers Pharmacy Consulting services to health plans and pharmaceutical companies. New cancer treatments are entering the market at an unrelenting pace. Since 2018, the FDA approved 121 new cancer applications including 49 novel cancer drug entities. Our Board-Certified Oncology Pharmacologists can help health plans update drug policies, offer utilization management and formulary advice, and development training for staff.