OncoHealth is a leading data analytics and technology-enabled services company dedicated to helping health plans, providers, life sciences and patients with solutions that are purpose-built for oncology. Through an evidence-based, real-world analytics approach to utilization management, OncoHealth’s prior authorization platform is used by health plans and their network physicians to support 7 million health plan members in the US and Puerto Rico.
About the Role
The Director of DevOps is responsible for supporting engineering development, overseeing the entire operational environment for all products and services delivered by OncoHealth, and providing strategic technology direction. This role will be hands on, but also lead and manage a staff in support of these efforts. The Director of DevOps will ensure the Azure cloud environment is secure, monitor production for performance issues and errors, and work across multiple teams including data engineering in support of the overall corporate strategy. This position will support our HITRUST certification requirements and ensure all systems are backed up and can be restored in-line with an overall disaster recovery plan, and ensure the company is utilizing computing resources effectively.
- Ensure all services within our Azure cloud environment are operational through close monitoring/alerting to ensure failures and non-performant processes are tracked and remediated.
- Evolve environment to “infrastructure as code” to allow for rapid environment instantiation and tear down
- Keep all products and services up to date with the latest versions and patches and continue expansion into SAAS and PAAS solutions
- Manage Azure cloud costs including setting and tracking budgets through automated cost management across the enterprise
- Ensure there is a robust and tested DR strategy
- Ensure the product environment is secure and complies with HITRUST and corporate security policies
- Collaborate with corporate IT to manage security threat monitoring and notification services
- Work with third party security vendors performing platform security assessments and penetration testing
- Support the engineering teams to ensure the build and test environments support continuous integration
- Work with the product and engineering teams to create pipelines and automated processes as new features are being developed
- Assess and recommend deployment processes that make sense for our environment including rapid continuous deployments for 24x7x365 systems
- Participate in and support completely new product platform design along with existing product platforms
- Provide the direction, oversight, and leadership for tasks and activities that achieve the mission and goals for your area of responsibility
- Establish and maintain a culture that emphasizes two-way feedback, continuous quality improvement, and individual and team development
- Assess and manage staffing needs to meet deliverables and expectations of your team’s internal and external customers
- Select and onboard new hires, facilitating their assimilation into the team and work environment.
- Measure team and individual performance and address any gaps, either by coaching employees to the expected level or managing an exit plan
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant experience required
- 10+ years of experience managing DevOps teams including close collaboration with software engineering teams building web-based applications or equivalent educational attainment required
- Must have experience managing Azure cloud services and Microsoft based software applications and strong working knowledge and awareness of the suite of services Azure provides
- Experience with healthcare data, HIPAA, working in healthcare technology companies, and complying with security certifications (ISO, HITRUST, SOC, etc.) is a plus
- Must have experience leading and mentoring others
- Must have a working knowledge and experience of managing data in support of analytics
About the Location
The majority of your team will be located in the Greater Atlanta area; however, we are open to remote work preferably in the Eastern or Central times zone.
Taking ownership of quick action, critically thinking through the needs, and working well with others are key competencies of team member success. Our leadership is dedicated to building a culture based on respect, clinical excellence, innovation – all with a focused mission of putting patients first!
We offer a full benefit package starting on your first day, along with a company bonus and equity so you can experience the value of our growth along with the rest of the team. You will work from (or visit) our very modern and engaging offices, and experience a fun, collaborative environment where social activities and community events matter. We enjoy being together!
The cost of cancer related medical services and prescription drugs in the United States is expected to reach $246 billion by 2030. OncoHealth has enjoyed rapid growth over the past 3 years and seeks smart, collaborative people to join its team. We have just under 200 team members, so we can move swiftly but precisely to the market needs of our customers. Strongly backed financially by leading healthcare equity partners, we remain in an investment mode. This means we are open-minded to how we get the work done – now is the perfect time to talk to us!
Our Current Solutions
Through the use of OncoHealth's utilization management system, OneUM, our customers can use a single e-Prior Authorization portal for all oncology drug request and treatments. Our system improves quality of care, reduces provider abrasion and gives health plans visibility into the total cost of oncology treatment.
OncoHealth offers Oncology Insights Pro, an analytic software solution that enables health plans to use data and analytics to improve oncology programs. Using real world data, our engineers normalize data to create analytic dashboards with drill down compatibilities. The data is the paired with expert guidance providing the strategies an insight needed to keep up with the continuing evolving cancer treatment landscape.
OncoHealth offers Pharmacy Consulting services to health plans and pharmaceutical companies. New cancer treatments are entering the market at an unrelenting pace. Since 2018, the FDA approved 121 new cancer applications including 49 novel cancer drug entities. Our Board-Certified Oncology Pharmacologists can help health plans update drug policies, offer utilization management and formulary advice, and development training for staff.