Do you thrive in a place where you have so much data and you need to organize it and get it to tell a story? Do you love putting it into a logical order where clients can actually understand what it’s saying? If so, we need you to join our Analytics team!
About Oncology Analytics
OncoHealth is a leading digital health company dedicated to helping health plans, employers, providers, patients, and life science researchers navigate the physical, mental, and financial complexities of cancer through technology enabled services and real-world data analytics. Through an evidence-based, real-world analytics approach to utilization management, OncoHealth’s prior authorization platform is used by health plans and their network physicians to support 7 million health plan members in the US and Puerto Rico.
About the Role
The Director of Clinical Analytics will play a key leadership role in clinical data, client management, and analytics strategy. With experience in both the clinical and analytics field they will act as the subject matter expert in clinical statistical analyses and will be the main analytics contact for our external analytics tool.
- Perform complex data analysis in support of ad hoc and standing customer requests
- Support clients as the lead analytics consultant participating in implementations, training, and quarterly business reviews
- Provide information and analysis to support clinical, business and other strategic and operational priorities through real-time reporting and automation, reports, dashboards, and scorecards for health plan clients
- Analysis of information using various methods, exploring patterns in data
- Employ creative methodologies and strategies using medical claims, prescription, and other internal and external data sources to identify potential insights for our health plan clients and oncology patients
- Develop predictive models to uncover actionable insights and business opportunities
- Build and maintain an ongoing organizational analytics strategy
- Collaborate with other departments to design and deliver insightful and easy to understand analytics
- Drive and champion analytics adoption throughout the company
- Participate in planning and development of analytics department
- Provide the direction, oversight, and leadership for tasks and activities that achieve the mission and goals for your area of responsibility
- Establish and maintain a culture that emphasizes two-way feedback, continuous quality improvement, and individual and team development
- Assess and manage staffing needs to meet deliverables and expectations of your team's internal and external customers
- Select and onboard new hires, facilitating their assimilation into the team and work environment
- Measure team and individual performance and address any gaps, either by coaching employees to the expected level or managing an exit plan
- A Master's degree in some Clinical Technical field: Biostatistics, epidemiology, etc, MD or PhD preferred
- 10 years relevant experience and 7 years experience in data analytics with deriving insights from disparate, large data sets, and medical and pharmacy claims
- knowledge of the Pharmaceutical or Health Plan industry, products, and customers.
- Background in decision science function and experience with advanced quantitative methods preferred
- Experience with statistical analysis techniques: linear/logistic regression, cluster analysis, significance testing, factor analysis, and ANCOVA
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to easily explain complex ideas to non-technical audiences
- Must have programming experience using statistical packages to extract, manipulate, and analyze internal and third-party data (i.e., SAS, R, Excel)
About the Location
We are open to remote work preferably in the Eastern or Central times zone.
Taking ownership of quick action, critically thinking through the needs, and working well with others are key competencies of team member success. Our leadership is dedicated to building a culture based on respect, clinical excellence, innovation – all with a focused mission of putting patients first!
We offer a full benefit package starting on your first day, along with a company bonus and equity so you can experience the value of our growth along with the rest of the team. You will work from (or visit) our very modern and engaging offices, and experience a fun, collaborative environment where social activities and community events matter. We enjoy being together!
The cost of cancer related medical services and prescription drugs in the United States is expected to reach $246 billion by 2030. Oncology Analytics has enjoyed rapid growth over the past 3 years and seeks smart, collaborative people to join its team. We have just under 200 team members, so we can move swiftly but precisely to the market needs of our customers. Strongly backed financially by leading healthcare equity partners, we remain in an investment mode. This means we are open-minded to how we get the work done – now is the perfect time to talk to us!
Our Current Solutions
Through the use of Oncology Analytics’ utilization management system, OneUM, our customers can use a single e-Prior Authorization portal for all oncology drug request and treatments. Our system improves quality of care, reduces provider abrasion and gives health plans visibility into the total cost of oncology treatment.
Oncology Analytics offers Oncology Insights Pro, an analytic software solution that enables health plans to use data and analytics to improve oncology programs. Using real world data, our engineers normalize data to create analytic dashboards with drill down compatibilities. The data is the paired with expert guidance providing the strategies an insight needed to keep up with the continuing evolving cancer treatment landscape.
Oncology Analytics offers Pharmacy Consulting services to health plans and pharmaceutical companies. New cancer treatments are entering the market at an unrelenting pace. Since 2018, the FDA approved 121 new cancer applications including 49 novel cancer drug entities. Our Board-Certified Oncology Pharmacologists can help health plans update drug policies, offer utilization management and formulary advice, and development training for staff.