Are you an experienced Data Scientist in the medical realm who enjoys turning data into insights? Does making a difference by enhancing products that serve to better the lives of patients with cancer sound exciting? If so, we have great opportunity for you to consider!
OncoHealth is a leading digital health company dedicated to helping health plans, employers, providers, patients and life science researchers navigate the physical, mental and financial complexities of cancer through technology enabled services and real-world data analytics. By partnering with leading health plans across the US, we are collaborating to deliver next generation, mobile first solutions.
About the Role
The Data Scientist is responsible for building out and maintaining an ongoing organizational analytics strategy, including the use of advanced analytics methodologies.
- Leverage machine learning and statistical packages to bring learning methods to the user’s data
- Perform advanced/predictive analytics to discover new data relationships, outcomes, and other business problems as needed
- Conduct value-added analysis and problem-solving with a focus on hypothesis-driven analysis and interpretation
- Productionize work to be used by product teams to commoditize machine learning
- Oversee, rationalize, and coordinate the implementation of machine learning models into close to real time production
- Create and manage monitoring process to ensure continued model performance and accuracy
- Operationalize analytics for our internal efficiencies (Translation of analytics into clinical and administrative workflows)
- Solicit and incorporate feedback from internal stakeholders and clients on product design and features
- Support the organization to make data-driven decisions with data that is accurate and actionable
- Work with business stakeholders to define business requirements
- Systematically use technologies, methods, and data to derive insights and to enable data-based decision- making for strategy, operations, measurement, and learning including the use of advanced analytics methodologies (Simulation, AI, machine learning, etc.)
- Consult with other teams to inculcate best practices, help with model interpretation, and promote a culture of machine learning competency throughout the firm
- Employ creative methodologies & strategies using medical claims, prescription, and other internal and external data sources to identify potential insights for our health plan clients and oncology patients overall.
- Develop predictive models to uncover actionable insights and business opportunities
- Maintain data governance that supports good data but is not onerous
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience required. Advanced degree in a quantitative subject (e.g., statistics, mathematics, engineering) preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience in data analytics with and deriving insights from disparate, large data sets or relevant educational attainment required.
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical or Health Plan industry, products, and customers required
- Experience productionizing and monitoring real-time models required. Digital health experience preferred.
- Statistical analysis techniques (e.g. linear/logistic regression, cluster analysis, significance testing, factor analysis, ANCOVA).
- Significant computing and programming experience using statistical packages to extract, manipulate and analyze internal and third-party data (i.e. Python, R).
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability.
- Python, Spark, SQL, Azure proficiency
About the Location