If you are a Board-Certified Oncology Pharmacist who enjoys speaking to fellow health care professionals about how to make sure cancer patients receive the best treatment, this is the role of a lifetime! Working to support our analytics and clinical teams, this is a brand-new role designed just for someone like you - A passion for ensuring that patients are receiving the right treatment in an ever-changing world of new therapeutics.
OncoHealth is a leading digital health company dedicated to helping health plans, employers, providers, patients, and life science researchers navigate the physical, mental, and financial complexities of cancer through technology enabled services and real-world data analytics. Through an evidence-based, real-world analytics approach to utilization management, OncoHealth’s prior authorization platform is used by health plans and their network physicians to support 7 million health plan members in the US and Puerto Rico.
About the Role
The Principal Clinical Data Consultant will use their expertise in clinical data, analytics, and oncology to build, maintain, and deliver analytics products and services, as well as support the usage of these products and services through implementations operations and ad-hoc analytics requests.
- You will perform analyses and deliver recommendations to support clinical, business, operational, and other strategic priorities. Output will be delivered as static reports, interactive dashboards, or slide presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Bring together multiple sources of complex data to design and develop reports to answer clinical and business questions
- Collaborate with Client Success on developing relevant and actionable data-based insights for each client
- Provide analytics support to the Clinical team to uncover clinical insights that will improve patient care
- Create and ensure availability and use of oncology benchmarking and physician comparative data for health plans and physician groups
- Prospective customer engagement and support the Sales team
- Continuously enhance our dataset and analytic tools to achieve higher levels of accuracy, team member engagement and customer impact
- Participate in developing the client experience through clinical insights
- Engage in code reviews and process improvement exercises
- Automate analytical data builds and report workflows
- Follow best practice for data quality and governance
- Ensure high-quality data is collected, provide quality assurance of data and results, and embed proper security protocols
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a clinical field. Oncology Pharmacist or Nurse is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in analysis and consulting with insurance claims, electronic health records, real-world data, or clinical trials data is required. Familiarity with oncology pharmaceuticals strongly preferred.
- Functional statistics knowledge, data visualization skills, and good communication skills, particularly the ability to easily explain complex ideas to non-technical audience, are also required.
- Systems/Tools: MS Office Suite advanced, Experience with MS SQL Server Management Studio, Databricks, or Datameer is required.
- MS Power BI, Azure DevOps, and Tableau experience a plus.
About the Location
We are open to remote employees, but living in the Eastern or Central Time Zones is helpful!
Taking ownership of quick action, critically thinking through the needs, and working well with others are key competencies of team member success. Our leadership is dedicated to building a culture based on respect, clinical excellence, innovation – all with a focused mission of putting patients first!
We offer a full benefit package starting on your first day, along with a company bonus and equity so you can experience the value of our growth along with the rest of the team. You will work from (or visit) our very modern and engaging offices, and experience a fun, collaborative environment where social activities and community events matter. We enjoy being together!
The cost of cancer related medical services and prescription drugs in the United States is expected to reach $246 billion by 2030. OncoHealth has enjoyed rapid growth over the past 3 years and seeks smart, collaborative people to join its team. We have just under 200 team members, so we can move swiftly but precisely to the market needs of our customers. Strongly backed financially by leading healthcare equity partners, we remain in an investment mode. This means we are open-minded to how we get the work done – now is the perfect time to talk to us!
Our Current Solutions
Through the use of OncoHealth's utilization management system, OneUM, our customers can use a single e-Prior Authorization portal for all oncology drug request and treatments. Our system improves quality of care, reduces provider abrasion and gives health plans visibility into the total cost of oncology treatment.
OncoHealth offers Oncology Insights Pro, an analytic software solution that enables health plans to use data and analytics to improve oncology programs. Using real world data, our engineers normalize data to create analytic dashboards with drill down compatibilities. The data is the paired with expert guidance providing the strategies an insight needed to keep up with the continuing evolving cancer treatment landscape.
OncoHealth offers Pharmacy Consulting services to health plans and pharmaceutical companies. New cancer treatments are entering the market at an unrelenting pace. Since 2018, the FDA approved 121 new cancer applications including 49 novel cancer drug entities. Our Board-Certified Oncology Pharmacologists can help health plans update drug policies, offer utilization management and formulary advice, and development training for staff.