Rebel Labs is a cool new Los Angeles- & Austin-based startup leading a research-based revolution in the wellness arena. We are here to teach millennials to build a healthy life, providing every building block of knowledge from food to fitness. Our online classes and vibrant social media community will empower and inspire individuals to live their best lives.
We offer competitive start-up salaries, terrific health benefits, flexible PTO, opportunities for stock options, and a fun culture that includes plentiful fitness and nutrition programs.
Rebel Labs is committed to creating huge value for millennials that are looking to improve their health. We are looking to offer out-of-the-ordinary results, and an exceptional client experience through everything we do from marketing to fulfillment.
We are looking to hire a senior-level back-end software engineer who can architect and build the Rebel Labs back-end to be used by Rebel Labs mobile and web applications. This is a full-time position, based in Austin-Round Rock (TX).
You’ll work closely with Product, front-end, and mobile engineers to define the tech stack, create necessary infrastructure, build services and APIs, and enable integrations with a range of external systems.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has done all of these things previously and now wants to start from a blank slate (no inherited code!) and build it all from scratch. You’re able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with lots of fun challenges. You manage your time well, and are able to work as part of a distributed team.
We are looking to bring online nutrition, cooking, fitness, running, and yoga classes to millennials around the planet, so ideally you are already interested in the arena of health & wellness.
If you’re an experienced back-end engineer who wants to use your skills to change the lives of millennials for the better, then this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
- Help architect and build the Rebel Labs back-end tech stack and infrastructure from scratch.
- Participate in key decisions around technology, language, and platforms.
- Help set the long-term engineering roadmap for the company.
- Create APIs and services to be consumed by both mobile and web.
- Integrate with multiple external systems.
- Own Rebel Labs' approach to data acquisition and storage, search, and analytics.
- Provide thought leadership around Rebel Labs’ engineering strategy, tools, and processes.
3+ years experience building back-end infrastructure.
- Familiarity with modern back-end technology, languages, and platforms, including Python and/or Go.
- Understanding of different database technologies and approaches, including MySQL and NoSQL. Postgres experience is a plus.
- Experience building REST APIs and network based services/microservices.
- You’re detail-oriented, have an execution focus, and can confidently drive projects to results.
- You’re adaptable and work well in an environment that is changing and evolving. You're flexible and recognize that priorities may need to change to address business needs.
- You are a team player and want to work for a company with a purpose.
Bonus points if you have:
- Extensive experience supporting mobile applications.
- Experience with serverless architecture / AWS Lambda.
- Strong understanding of analytics, reporting, and ETL.
- Some familiarity with front-end technologies.
- An interest in health and wellness.
Do we sound like a good fit? If so, please reach out ASAP, because we are ready to hit the ground running NOW! We are looking forward to welcoming you on board and having you on our Rebel Labs team.