For over 30 years, the team at KSI Auto Parts has been dedicated to providing the highest quality parts, services and smiles to our customers. Our commitment to them and our employees is what puts us at the forefront of the auto body parts industry. We believe in “One Team, One Goal” and we are on the search for talented individuals who are looking for a great place to work. If you are dedicated, driven, and eager, we invite you to learn more about us. In conjunction with promoting inclusivity and diversity across our company we will provide a meaningful work environment. We value
SUMMARY: The Delivery Route Planner is responsible for coordinating resources necessary to ensure safe, timely, and efficient delivery of auto body parts. Core responsibilities involve working with Transportation Supervisors, customer service, distribution, and maintenance operations to develop the daily delivery plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Align logistics resources to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded according to centralized scheduling plan
- When a centralized scheduling plan is not available, build delivery schedules
- Create and build routes using Descartes’ OnDemand system
- Establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers
- Effectively communicate with supervisors, customers, and distribution centers in a timely, professional & complete manner
- Distribute routing and all related information to the designated department in an accurate and timely manner
- Closely coordinate with the supervisors to help ensure proper truck availability for maintenance
- Work with team members from across the organization to resolve operational challenges
- Use available technology (such as route planning software) to plan and execute trips
- Experience working in a fast-paced, 24/7 logistics operation
- Experience with route planning software and telematic systems preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business and environmental conditions
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, MS Word, and Enterprise Resource Planning software
- Flexibility with schedule to attend meetings during other shifts
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Uses creativity to seek quality solutions and process improvements
- Goal-oriented with a proven record of self-motivation and achievement.
- Strong proactive with strong analytical skills
· Demonstrated teamwork skills
· Must have excellent Time Management skills and abilities
· Proactive and able to manage ambiguity effectively. Ability to conceptualize and think strategically
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.