SUMMARY: The Shipping Center Lead will be responsible for leading a team of delivery drivers. This role will be responsible for ensuring an exceptional experience for the customer. In addition, the SCL may perform technical tasks such as troubleshooting technical issues and performing administrative tasks, such as order tracking. The main tasks of the SCL include reconciling vehicle inventories, tracking service metrics, and leading the delivery team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and support a team of delivery drivers
- Inform SC Supervisor of any communications, personnel, or incidents that may become an issue
- Communicate emergency situations, accidents, or any unsafe acts that may disrupt service
- Conduct daily huddles to communicate expectations
- Observe loading process and validate piece counts before drivers leave
- Monitor performance and adjust to ensure customer commitments are met
- Reconcile daily receipts and inventory
- Ensure company standards are met (KPIs)
- Maintain maintenance and cleanliness of all vehicles
- Must be able to drive a route in the event a driver is unable
- 1-3 years of experience managing people performance and leading others
- Experience in the transportation industry, specifically final-mile delivery
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business and environmental conditions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.