As a Distribution Manager, you will be responsible for managing the efficient day-to-day operations of the warehouse, including shipping, receiving, and transportation activities. You will oversee a team of managers and supervisors, warehouse associates and drivers. Responsible for improving and building efficient processes and procedures, mentoring and coaching a growing team, and managing the Operating Expenses of the facility.
- Provide direct daily supervision of warehouse and transportation employees; coaching, mentoring and ensuring employees have the necessary tools and resources to be successful at their job
- Develop an effective and efficient operating rhythm for the warehouse and transportation operations
- Create work schedules and assignments, conduct warehouse planning meetings, ensure physical inventory levels are accurate, oversee the management of cycle counts, accuracy of outgoing and incoming material for proper counts and codes, updating records and reports, managing the operation budget, etc.
- Ensure all employees adhere to all OSHA and company safety and compliance standards
- Ensure all company equipment is maintained in compliance with company protocol
- Manage inbound and outbound shipments to ensure they are processed in a timely fashion
We’re looking for qualified candidates who have the following minimum requirements:
- At least 15 years of experience in a warehouse, distribution, transportation or logistics environment, with at least 10 years of management and leadership experience
- Strong technical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Data-driven mindset and relentless attention to detail to execute work at the highest level; ability to provide accurate, thorough, and consistent information when accomplishing a task
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and within groups
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Flexibility to work variable schedules including evenings, weekends and holidays