Development Counsellors International (DCI) is looking to hire a publicist to join our Tourism Practice in New York.
Job Description: The PR Account Executive will assist with media relations for Barbados. If you love writing and are well versed in AP style, have an eye for detail and are passionate about travel then this PR job is for you.
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree, and a minimum of 2 years of agency media relations experience.
· Creative, AP-style writer an absolute must
· Established lifestyle media contacts in the U.S., with experience pitching diaspora media.
· Passion for researching story ideas, writing pitches and pitching on the phone
· Strong interpersonal skills (this position is not for wallflowers!)
· Publicity event implementation experience
· Highly self-motivated, with impeccable organization skills
· Must be willing to travel at least 40% of the time
· Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
· Competitive base salary with unique “open book” management approach that delivers performance-based incentives
· Medical/dental coverage
· 401K match
· Flexible start times and summer hours program
To Apply: Attach your resume + cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI.