Compass is an innovative, mission-driven organization that supports families with low incomes to save for their future and access greater economic opportunity. We believe in our clients and in their ability to achieve their goals and dreams. We operate high-quality financial coaching and savings programs, and pursue opportunities to shape the national approach to poverty through practice and policy change. Compass is also an emerging leader in a national effort to leverage housing assistance as a platform for economic mobility. We are looking for people who want to be part of taking our programs and our impact to the next level.
For more information, please visit us on our website, www.compassworkingcapital.org
About the Job
We are looking for a reliable and highly organized team player to provide administrative and operational support to our Strategy Team including supporting our work with the Philadelphia Housing Authority. The work of the Strategy Team falls into three main categories: (1) Field-Building: creating and growing opportunities to expand the reach and capacity of Compass’ programs; (2) Laboratory: Testing new service delivery and client engagement models and enabling tools; and (3) Mission Advancement: expanding partnerships, policy, and revenue. The Program Assistant supports the Strategy Team through a broad range of duties including supporting team and client meetings and events, completing data entry, drafting correspondence, and assisting in special projects. The Program Assistant will play a key role in ensuring smooth and efficient operations of the Strategy Team organization and will support the delivery of high-quality services to Compass clients.
All Compass staff embody our values
Believe in People: At Compass, we have a fundamental belief in all clients and their ability to achieve their goals and dreams. Our unique approach to coaching fosters a culture of aspiration, dignity, and hope.
Pursue Excellence: We hold ourselves to the highest professional and ethical standards in every aspect of our work, and we strive to always do better.
Go Further Together: Our team builds trust, respects each other, and acts with care and empathy. We believe in harnessing our strengths to find joy in what we do and in doing this work as a team, and to bring out the best in each other.
- Provide overall programmatic, administrative and operational support to the Strategy Team
- Manage the calendar, travel and meetings of the Chief Strategy Officer
- Schedule and coordinate in-person and virtual staff and partner meetings including booking rooms, ordering food and supplies, greeting attendees and taking minutes
- Prepare, print and mail materials as needed.
- Support the creation and distribution of a monthly digital newsletter
- Support the planning and execution of a leading national conference including monitoring logistics, contacting speakers and updating planning tools
- Attend and assist in outreach and client orientation events at the Philadelphia Housing Authority and partner sites
- Maintain basic knowledge of Compass’ asset building model and core programs
- Record data precisely, accurately, and on time, with a rigorous dedication to confidentiality and data security protocols.
Qualifications and Skills
- Commitment to Compass' mission and passion for working with families with low incomes.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Cultural humility. Openness to and respect for others’ cultures, identities, and lived experiences.
- Strong client service skills.
- Precision, attention to detail, and commitment to deadlines.
- Willingness to pitch in on any and all tasks related to supporting the programs.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Technical proficiency in Gmail, Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel, and/or Salesforce.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Previous administrative experience.
This job description is not intended to provide a comprehensive listing of all duties or responsibilities. Job duties and responsibilities may change at any time based on coaching methods and program partners.
Healthcare: medical, dental, vision
Retirement plan 401(k) & match
Life insurance & disability Insurance
Paid time off
Paid parental leave
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Professional development & certification
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Discounted shopping and entertainment
Voluntary pet insurance and more
This position is based in Philadelphia, PA. Required hours could include a combination of workday, evening, and weekend hours to accommodate the needs of our clients. Local travel to partner offices including travel to Philadelphia Housing Authority sites required. Occasional travel to other Compass offices (Boston, MA) may be required.
Compass is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves.