Compass is an innovative, mission-driven organization that supports families with low incomes to save for their future and access greater economic opportunity. We believe in our clients and in their ability to achieve their goals and dreams. We operate high-quality financial coaching and savings programs, and pursue opportunities to shape the national approach to poverty through practice and policy change. Compass is also an emerging leader in a national effort to leverage housing assistance as a platform for economic mobility. We are looking for people who want to be part of taking our programs and our impact to the next level.
For more information, please visit us on our website, www.compassworkingcapital.org.
About the Job
We are looking for a mission-driven, results-oriented, and collaborative HR and Recruitment Specialist. This is a full-time role reporting to the Human Resources Manager. The HR and Recruitment Specialist will play a vital role in Compass’ growth by supporting recruitment, onboarding, professional development, and retention of Compass employees. Because this role has exposure to all aspects of the talent management cycle, it is a great opportunity for someone looking to build their career in human resources in a mission-driven environment.
All staff at Compass embody our values
Believe in People: At Compass, we have a fundamental belief in all clients and their ability to achieve their goals and dreams. Our unique approach to coaching fosters a culture of aspiration, dignity, and hope.
Pursue Excellence: We hold ourselves to the highest professional and ethical standards in every aspect of our work, and we strive to always do better.
Go Further Together: Our team builds trust, respects each other, and acts with care and empathy. We believe in harnessing our strengths to find joy in what we do, in doing this work as a team and bringing out the best in each other.
- Recruitment and Hiring: Outreach to potential candidates through job postings, events, and networking; candidate communication and interview scheduling; for certain roles, reviewing applications, and completing first round phone interviews and final reference checks
- Professional Development: Coordinate professional development events; ensure regular communication about professional development opportunities
- Performance Management: Organize quarterly and annual performance management process
- Human Resources: Manage HR onboarding for all new team members; support payroll, benefits administration, and HR compliance
- Administrative and Operations Support: Coordinate logistics for team building events; support facilities management, including an office expansion; other duties as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Commitment to Compass’ mission and values
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong, trusting relationships.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills. Detail-oriented with the ability to complete work accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to manage complex timelines and processes.
- Cultural humility. Openness to and respect for others’ cultures, identities, and lived experiences.
- 3+ years of professional work experience, preferably in a human resource, recruitment, and/or office management capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable education and work experience
This job description is not intended to provide a comprehensive listing of all duties or responsibilities. Job duties and responsibilities may change at any time based on organizational growth and needs over time.
Healthcare: medical, dental, vision
Retirement plan 401(k) & match
Life insurance & disability Insurance
Paid time off
Paid parental leave
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Professional development & certification
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Discounted shopping and entertainment
Voluntary pet insurance and more
This position is based in Boston, MA. Required hours could include a combination of workday and evening hours on an as needed basis. Occasional travel to other Compass offices (Lynn, MA) and other communities may be required.
Compass is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities it serves.